Season 2, Chapter 5: Dig Dug

Eventually, we get all our tears out and the sobs subside. El pulls away.

Or is it Jane now? I do not know, what do they want to be called?

Anyway, El/Jane hoarsely says, "515 Larrabee."

"What?" I ask, confused.

"We need to go to 515 Larrabee." El/Jane clarifies.

I clear my throat and stand up. I wipe the remaining tears from my face and sigh.

"Well then, we better get ready."

I go into our room and change into new clothes and grab a bag. I start filling it with the Dinosaur book, a water bottle and some snacks I like. I leave the room and El/Jane has put on one of Hopper's flannels and grabbed some files from the box.

"Let's go." We say and walk out the door and in the forest close to the road. I hand El/Jane my bag and walk a little ways away.

I close my eyes and calm my breathing. I clear my head and picture the triceratops.

I feel the familiar shifting muscles and tearing skin as my human form hardens and elongates into the prehistoric beast.

I grimace as the transformation is more painful this time. My emotions going crazy might have something to do with that.

El/Jane, holding both our bags, climbs on and we start at a swift trot down the side of the road.

It is quiet for a while, but not a bad kind of quiet. When we were with other, everyone kept trying to fill the silence, claiming that the silence is awkward or unnecessary. But I prefer the quiet, and so does El/Jane.

But who am I? Am I Tina or am I Claire? Tina/Claire? I cannot go on forever as Tina/Claire. All my life, I have been 013, then Tina, but is not Tina just a different version of 013? Do I want to go on forever being reminded of my horrible past?

But who is Claire? Who is she? Is she me? It feels right, but is it me? Am I just pretending, like the people on TV? Am I "stepping into a role," like Hopper says the TV actors are?

Before I can think for too long, I start to hear the loud roar of a truck coming along the road. El/Jane jumps off my back and I shift back human, still with a bit of pain.