Chapter 1: The Vanishing of Will Byers

(A/N: I'm changing what 013 looks like, but for new readers or those who don't remember, she is covered in scars and has two very fresh ones going down her face)

Chapter 1: The Vanishing of Will Byers

Freedom.

Such a foreign concept for 013 and her sister 011. For these girls, all they've known is laboratory rooms, hallways, needles, and testing.

But 011 and 013 always dreamed of freedom. They longed for the green grass and sparkling lakes they saw in photos and paintings. They longed for the clear blue sky and the complex interwoven net of stars.

So on November 6th, 1983, when the opportunity presented itself, the two girls ran for it. Down the corridors, up stairs, down stairs, racing through the network of hallways to finally down the drainpipe. Freedom.

(013's POV)
As 011 and I race out of the drainpipe, a small part of our hospital gowns rip off. The adrenaline of our escape keeps us running through the night.

After a while, we slowly stop running, our feet hurting from all the plant matter of the forest floor. Tired and hungry, 011 and I collapse next to a tree, breathing heavily.

Without speaking, we curl up next to each other, both of us too scared to sleep. The monster we saw keeps us up along with the fear of being taken back. How they thought we could defeat that thing is ridiculous. My face still stings from the new scars the flower-mouthed monster gave me as it clawed my face.

Eventually, the sun comes up and we walk out of our hiding spot. We walk through the forest until it stops. 011 and I both see a building and with my heightened senses, I smell food inside.

The door opens and a big burly man walks out. He is wearing all white and has a big beard, but no hair on the top of his head. A large black plastic bag is in his hands and he puts it in a metal container. After closing the lid, he walked back inside.

I look to my sister, but see 011 already on her way towards the building. I hurriedly race after her, mentally cursing her.

I catch up with her, just as she opens the back door and enters. Slipping inside, I see we walked into a pantry of sorts. A song is playing from further inside. Following 011's lead, we walk to the open door leading to the rest of the building.

Inside is a bunch of adults sitting down at tables with food. The burly man is going around getting food, making food and giving food to the people sitting down.

"All right, and one more." The burly man says to some other people.

"Hey Ben. What do you think about that, uh?" Another man asks the burly man, Ben.

"Hey, I don't know. I don't know." Ben replies.

The man comments, "I don't know, 37 points per game average—"