I peered up towards his emerald eyes, hoping I didn't give away the fact that my double vision was reaching its peak. His lips curled up as he watched me, though as quickly as the moment started, it was over, as Evie lay an arm across my shoulder. She handled me a drink as I turned around, "I made two for everyone because we have to down one now, hurry, come on." She ushered, waving her hands around to Jett, Leon and Avery who had begun to make conversation. Swivelling around, I hugged the plastic cup to my chest, facing everyone and very aware of the fact that Harry still had his hand hovering around my side.

"Alright, okay are we ready?" Leon glanced around, making sure our small little group was all huddled beside the pool table. I looked around, all of us stood with a cup of something in our hands, except one, "Harry, you don't have a drink. You want mine? I can quickly run and grab another?" I offered, turning slightly over my shoulder to whisper to him. He brought his eyes down to my own, running them quickly over my features and then down towards my cup, "No it's okay, love. Thankyou though." He smiled, snaking his hand back into his pockets as the side of my hip turned cold.

Brushing it off, I turned back around to face the group, eyeing Avery as she tried her best to stand still but failing miserably as her hand flew up to lean on Leon's side. Angling my head, watching the interaction with furrowed brows as Leon lowered his mouth to her ear, whispering something that must have been hilarious due to the giggle that escaped Avery's lips.

"Here's to a fuckin' rad night, thanks to pretty little Avery for having us, and... I will talk to you all again properly tomorrow." Jett squealed, tipping the contents of her drink right down her throat in one go. We all equally cheered, doing the same thing. Except it was in that moment that I knew my limit on drinks had well and truly exceeded, the tinge of pain shooting through me made that evidently clear. Taking a breath to steady myself, I looked towards the plain ceiling, sick of seeing the same strobe light flash across my eyes each second.

Jett outstretched her hands towards Avery and I, pulling us both forward and in her direction as she began walking back into the centre of the room. I looked back quickly, watching Evie, Leon and Harry talk amongst themselves as they relocated towards a couch near the front of the house. "I know you've both probably danced already but," Jett breathlessly spoke, beginning to move her body, "I'm here now so you gotta dance with me for a bit."

"I was up for another dance anyway." I chuckled, taking another big breath to push down anything that dared to come up.

We moved our bodies freely, close enough so that we'd always have contact, but making enough room to roam our arms around. Avery snaked her fingertips along the side of my arm, closing her eyes as I moved against her, while Jett moved against me. We each held a grin, twirling around every now and then as the rooms temperature only grew higher.

After a few songs had passed, I could feel the heat exuding from my cheeks. I knew I needed something, whether that were a drink, fresh air, or a different atmosphere... I'd gladly take all.

"Hey." I stammered out, only to go unnoticed as I prepared myself to grasp their attention again, "Hey! I'm going- I need some fresh air, you guys stay, I just need a breather." They both sent me a head nod and a smile, blowing me a kiss as I waved them a quick goodbye. My sights were now set on anything that would make me feel less disgusting than I currently felt, I racked my brain with a route I could take since I knew Avery's house so well, and I knew she wouldn't care if I took a quick trip to the bathroom.

So that was what I did. Blinking a few times over, making sure the haze of light was coming from the room and not my poor eyesight. I began my venture to the bathroom, following the path out of the chaotic room and out towards the living room, passing the now empty couch that was once occupied.