"Mmm, um, maybe take this one. I'm positive it's yours- actually not really but I'm trying, here." I sniffled, trying not to let the tears fall from my eyes at a situation that was not worth the sad reaction I was giving. Avery hummed happily, taking the cup from my left hand and swinging it back, "Hey! Hey over here! You guys, woo, it's me, helloooo."

Her excited voice tuned out beside me as I began moving atop the table, raising my hands as I twirled, making sure to lift my boots high enough so that the heel wouldn't dig into the green cloth of the table. A consistent tap on my shoulder intruded my closed eye state, furrowing my brows and glaring my eyes over to Avery, I shouted, "Quit it Av, I'm trying to let the music take me. Hey, um, would your dad be mad if we accidentally ruined the table- not that I want to but- whoa!" I cut myself off with a tiny trip of the table, my ability to balance becoming lower and lower as the minutes went on.

I secured a hand on Avery's shoulder, looking at the side of her face as she kept her attention forward. "Thought you guys would never make it. Welcome to my home! Make yourselves comfortable, drinks are that way- no sorry, that way." While Avery struggled with her sense of direction, my confused expression turned towards who was being greeted.

It took far longer than it should have for me to process the four people standing in front of me now, all of them looking deliciously dangerous for a house party like this one. "You guys?" I questioned, coming to kneel on the table with an outstretched hand, "You guys! I almost didn't recognise you all, looking so hot." I cheered out, as if words were just words and they had no meaning at all.

"Hell fuckin' yeah. Mabel's already shit faced, Evie, you seein' this?" Jett shouted with a smirk.

"I strangely am. This is weird, I'm going to get some drinks for us." Evie flew her hands up and left, trudging across the room to the table we had visited plenty of times in the span of a few hours.

Hopping down from the table, I clung onto Jett, wrapping my arms around her in a tight embrace, "You look really hot, super hot." I beamed with a smile, Jett's cheeks grew even wider as her red lips curved, "Says fuckin' you. But thankyou sweet stuff." With Leon standing beside her, his open jacket home to his sculpted chest underneath, he seemed to be my next target as I wrapped my hands around him, "Leon! Always so smooth and cool, you could totally get it you know." His rumble of laughter vibrated through his warm chest and onto mine, "That's very good to know, love bug. Anyone here try anythin' funky yet? You know to tell me if they do, right?"

"Mhm, you're the first one I'd call."

"Good. I'm keepin' an eye out, don't trust these boy toys, they can bite me." He clarified, inhaling a breath of the cigarette he held.

A lone body stood behind them, standing casually and calm. As my eyes fixated on the open silk shirt, I noticed the beautiful butterfly and tanned skin. I hadn't been sure if Harry would have actually came, I'd decided to not think about it because it was none of my business if he wanted to attend or not. Though I couldn't help but think of this new found friendship we had sparked— if that's what it even was. With my mind in a drunken frenzy, and seeing as he was standing just as the others had been, without thinking, I threw my arms around his neck. A smile so wide on my face as I squeezed him further, enjoying the way his lean body reacted as he rose his hands and tightened them around my lower back.

"Hi." I whispered in his ear, loud enough for him to hear me, the skin of my chest touching his own. My hands smoothed along the silk material of his shoulders, admiring the way he pulled it off so well.

"Hi Mae." He returned, so thick and low that I was sure it would have been enough to absorb the alcohol within me, leaving me stone cold sober. Realising my embrace had lasted longer than the others had, I pushed myself away from him, coming to stand in front of his figure.