"That's fucking wild. Best news ever, everyone is going to lose it, I'll make sure to keep it on the down low, okay? Anyway, I should get to these people. Party's out back, try to steer clear from the front rooms, Avery you know the go." Laina waved us off, blowing an air kiss our way as she turned back around to face the next lot of rowdy individuals.

Avery and I glanced to one another as we walked further down the hallway and into the back section of the house, the walls visibly pounding from the roaring music exuding from them. "Glitter was the look we didn't know we needed, you look so sick." She smiled as her elbow nudged mine. "So do you."

As we neared our desired destination, the congestion of bodies could be seen, the same strobes from outside now flashing in an array of colours before my very eyes. "Think there's a table with drinks over there." Avery shouted over the music, grabbing my hand and leading us towards it. The scene was a typical one, mingling bodies all over one another, the hot air clearly evident as the main visible attraction was the minimal clothing and exposed skin. Thumping music shook the perimeter of the house, causing a slight rattle I knew would be sounding from each door as I watched them bounce with each beat.

I gulped as Avery grabbed two red cups, placing them side by side as she filled them both with tequila, trying to measure out a shot though clearly going way over. She then finished them off with pouring cherry cola until it reached the brim of the plastic, "Drink up, baby." She handed me a cup, brining her own to her lips and gulping it down immediately.

"Shit, Av. This is really strong." I shrieked with a sour face, feeling the familiar raw burn of the liquid cruising down my throat. "You won't even notice it after a few." Avery yelled, reaching out to grasp my hand once again and tugging me over towards the centre of dancing bodies. I decided to shove back the rest of my drink, knowing that I'd rather not be sober in a moment like this one. We settled ourselves within the crowd, being sloshed around by the movement of others though deciding to just go with it. I began to swing my hips to the rhythm, acknowledging that it wasn't the best music playing— because music without lyrics had never been my favourite, but knowing that it was probably the best I was going to get tonight.

Avery eased her hands above her head, moving her body so sensually as the contents in her drink sloshed out from her cup as she raised it, adding to the stickiness of the floor.

After a minute of solid dancing, swinging hips and eyeing a few potential good looking people, Avery neared her head towards my ear, raising her voice, "I wonder when they'll get here." Immense dread flooded through me, unlike her, I'd rather not know of the exact time they planned on getting here. If it were possible to not face them at all throughout the night, that would be a more rewarding situation than being worried each time I glanced to a new area.

"Oh god, please don't remind me."

-

My vision was no longer as stable as it once had been. The music booming even louder now as it reverberated through not only the walls, but my mind too. My eyes had lowered and stomach felt as if it were electrified from the numerous drinks Avery had been making me throughout the night. The floor we'd once danced on became far too regular for an intoxicated Avery and I, causing for us to somehow hike over to the pool table that was on the other side of the room, climbing it and securing ourselves on top— something sober Mabel would be mortified over because of the fact that we still had our heels on.

"Now pass me- no pass that one- that han-"

"A- Avery, I've got both- which one is yours again? I think it might be this- wait no I took a sip from this one." I fought with my mind over the two cups I held in each hand, not quite remembering which one had been mine and which had been Avery's. In her quick effort to climb the pool table, she had handed her drink to me, which now left me elevated on the table with two cups in my hand and a mind drowned out by tequila.