Preface - In My Blood

A/N: Updates every Friday :)

Help me.

Faking a smile, Shawn nodded, scribbling down a few song lyrics, glancing back at his manager.

Feels like the walls are caving in

Holding his hand under his ribs, Shawn glanced at reflection, hating how broken his eyes looked. How broken he looked.

Sometimes I feel like giving up

Still laughing, Shawn hit the end button to the call. This was why he kept going. Every day. For her. And for everyone out there who looked up at him.

No medicine is strong enough,

Someone help me

He stared up at the ceiling, the darkness creeping into his chest.

I'm crawling in my skin

He didn't feel quite right.

Sometimes I feel like giving up,

Every day it got harder and harder to keep his head above, metaphorically, the water.

But I just can't-

And yet he hadn't sunk yet. Hadn't disappeared.

It isn't in my blood

There was some mystery force keeping him from dropping to the bottom of the dark pit widening in his heart. He kept his head up, and struggled, and even though he didn't know how to swim, he could find a way to doggy paddle his way through. Keep his chin in the air. Keep himself going. For Camilla. For himself. For the world.

A/N: Fun fact, all the chapters are named after Shawn Mendes songs!

This chapter is just a preview chapter basically, the rest of the chapters will come a lot later!