Leza Isolated

The Accord serves the beings of the galaxy. The Accord protects, provides, and enhances every planet in the cosmos.

I don't how I ended up in my tomb. Well, it is really a room but it feels like a tomb. No natural light is permitted inside, only artificial light by bulbs strategically placed on the walls. The lack of natural light makes it difficult to know whether it is day or night. I would exit the room, but I do not have access to exit. In fact, I do not know where the access point is, I only know once someone else is in the room with me, the entry way is highlighted. But once they leave, the door becomes invisible to me. I was assured that this was for my safety. The Priestesses are oftentimes sought after for their abilities. Some of us have the ability to comfort and nurture. I am not sure if I am one of those special type. I am usually kept away from everyone. I was told it is because of my ability and that not every being has good intentions. For that reason, priestesses are not to take energy or give energy to other beings unless instructed to do so. Until recently, I have managed to remain pure.

The pang in my core jolted as the sudden memory floods back to me that I have flared again. This time it has taken me quite some time to calm down. I don't recall what set off the flare. Maybe I'm scared of my punishment. Perhaps I did something to the Mar Watcher. I can't focus on the thought of him too much because it leaves a knotted feeling in my stomach. Something was off about him. I couldn't feel his frequency well, as if something was blocking me from sensing him. That doesn't happen too often, even with a Mar Watcher. That one was unusual.

The pain in my core struck again like lighting during an electrical storm. I could feel myself slipping into a dark place within my thoughts. Then a wave of sorrow overwhelms me. I faintly remember their face, my Beloved. Their soulless shell of a body is vividly before me. I can't take my eyes away from the body before me. I know it isn't possible for the body to be in front of me but it's so real. Even the impossible was real, so why wouldn't their soulless body be in my tomb suddenly? I feel warm wetness on my face which prevents me from reliving the nightmare. But seeing their face in my memory reminds me that I am not unhinged. How can they have voided? We are taught in our early trainings in Dome that it wasn't possible to be voided. It was a legend that spread among the covens of priestesses to keep us in fear. So if my Beloved was not Voided then perhaps I imagined it. But the memory of their eyes slowly becoming lifeless could not be forgotten. Eyes that used to twinkle back at me during our walks in the garden. The warm memory of our walks and conversations during my solace. The tears continued to fall at the sweet thoughts of our conversations. They confided in me, almost as though confessing or allowing themselves to be free. I found comfort in that blooming friendship. But it was taken away from me. They were taken away from me. The only logically explanation was Beloved was taken from me as punishment from the Universe for disobeying The Accord. Unlike other priestesses, I wasn't allowed to have friends.

Now, I will be punished. My friendship and budding closeness to my beloved was a secret. Something I could finally hold on to and no one could take from me. Or so I thought. without realizing it I was sobbing into my cushion. This large cushion was more like an oversized pillow. Not exactly comfortable but when you are fatigued, any soft surface that gives you a little comfort feels like rest. This whole ordeal exhausted me more than I expected.

I lay my head down on the cushion and imagine the sunset. I go through a ritual of dreaming of stored images in my mind that remind me of beauty and solitude. My muscles ease up a little bit with every image the scrolls through my mental database. But my head begins to swirl, even as I lay perfectly still on the cushion. I know what I have to do.

I sit up, bones cracking as a reminder that I've been sitting in the same position for a while even if my memory cannot find the images or sound that put me in this stiff position. I then sit on the solid cold floor. My body is burning compared to the chill of the cemented floor. I place my palm on the ground and realize I cannot find any frequency. The vibrations of the world outside of my tomb are silenced. That was done intentionally. My punishment has already begun. I know I am being considered as a defective, so they want to isolate me from the others. Moons forbid if I spread my nonconformity to others. Especially those who are in my coven. It makes sense I suppose, a virus must be quarantined. The thought of not seeing my coven any longer saddens me. We are a small group compared to others. Even though we cannot speak to one another, we are transported together. We found a strange sisterhood in the odd rituals we had to perform. Despite the growing loneliness, I follow through with grounding ritual. I kept my hand on the ground and placed my other hand on my heart, the eternal flame that every being possesses. Although I cannot sense another frequency near me, I feel grounded. I feel at peace and nothing at the same time.