Leza's Beloved

Everything in the universe has a frequency. A vibration. When that frequency is disrupted, the frequency may not be lost. It can be recovered and restored. However, if a vibration is taken away from someone, then they are cast into The Void. They become soulless. Lifeless. A frequency can be recovered or restored by placing it back into a life giving being. But when it is taken, chaos envelopes them and swallows them into The Void.

I knew they were taken from me. Something that should not have been possible became possible. They were ripped from their body and cast into The Void. I felt it as I held them in my arms. Their heartbeat slipped away then suddenly stopped. It was a loud silence.

How could this be possible? What am I supposed to do? Desperately, I did what I naturally could at this time. I reached into the planet and took from it. I felt a being somewhere behind me. A loud deafening noise rippled through the sky as they approached. It was me, screaming. I sounded like a wounded animal, slowly dying in agony. The pain was intense as if I was being ripped apart.

They touched me. An impermissible touch and by instinct I took from them too. Before I could realize what I was doing, they fell to the ground, almost lifeless. Almost. I hadn't stopped looking at my beloved in my arms.

"Why?" I could hear my tiny voice. I was half hoping they would regain the spark in their eyes and look into mine. But nothing changed. The body was just a host. I held onto a host that housed my beloved. Another wave of shock fought against disbelief. None of this could be real. Sounds around me became clear and muffled. I could only hear myself screaming but it was clear there were more beings behind me.

"Enough!" I heard from behind me. The voice was familiar but not familiar enough for me to regain my senses. Then I felt the inevitable. The sudden muscle pains of electricity going through my arms and legs. My fingers ached which traveled to my elbows. The fire of the pooled in my elbows, causing more pain to sear through my arms. I was stuck in this position for far too long. I was frozen in this heap of screaming, blubbering mess. The oddly familiar voice said something from behind me. But I couldn't register. I couldn't hear anything but ringing in my ears. I was so close to passing out unless...unless I reach.

I forced my arm to move despite the epic pain burning my muscles and dug my hand into the soil. It was warm or maybe I was cold. My body becoming cold as ice is usually what happens when I flare. This flare was one of the biggest. But I needed to brace myself before my head split in two or they punished me. The warm soil blanketed my hand, giving me a comfort. Not enough comfort to feel as though I can completely rid my flare or correct the mistakes I already committed. But enough to know that everything was going to be okay.

I felt the deep wave in my chest. Like a deep bass of moving plates on a planet, it was rhythmic and longing. There it was, the innate desire to connect to the deep beating within. Whatever that deep frequency was. Then release. I slumped over my beloved. Kissed them on the lips and whispered a prayer. A prayer for passing to the other side, whatever that side is.

But one is for certain, as I was comforted by what I can assume was the Planet's heart...I broke My Vows of the Priestess. I took a life, I gave life to the unqualified, and the ultimate vow breaker, I flared. The Accord will surely punish me for breaking those sacred vows. There is so much that is secret to The Accord. A Priestess is to embody the ever elusive institution in person.

A hand was placed on my shoulder. Even if I wanted to take, something about this hand made me unable to do anything. I was immobile. The hand felt very foreign as I bent in prayer over my beloved. No one is touch a priestess when she is in prayer, for it disrupts the vibrational frequency she is giving to the other. However, this individual felt it was best to disrupt me. Probably for the best so that I didn't accidentally do further damage. I know I am being reckless with my abilities.