Branch fell to the ground, immediately jumping to his feet, as he began to run for his life.

"Ahhhh!" he whimpered, running as fast as he possibly could, looking back at his attackers in fear.

Chief Tula smirked, as she watched the child running away.

"Think you can get away, hugh..." she mumbled softly, standing in place. "I don't think so... Fuego!" she suddenly shouted, gesturing in front of Branch.

Suddenly, a long streak of fire rushed in front of the fleeing troll, cutting him off, so he could no longer escape.

"AHHH!" he screamed, stopping quick, so he wouldn't run into the flames.

He looked at the fire raging high in front of him, his eyes wide in fear.

"You might want to come back, young man..." Chief Tula said threateningly. "Or... do you want us to bring you back? Your choice..."

Branch looked at her, and then gulped, slowly walking back towards them, as he fiddled nervously with his fingers, his ears low.

"Good choice," Chief Tula smirked, looking down at the young boy. "Now... what is your name, little one?"

He looked at her, too scared to answer. What was she going to do to him?

She looked at the young child for a moment, finally clearing her throat, as she gestured for him to answer the question.

"Umm... uh... B... B... Branch?" he said quietly, his voice trembling, as his body shook slightly in terror.

"Hmm... well, Branch..." she said, crossing her hands behind her back. "What is it that you were doing at the dam today?"

     "I... I wasn't doing anything," he answered. "I... I promise."
"Than why were you in that part of the forest?" Chief Tula question firmly. "Kinda far from the village."
"The... the water brought me there. It wasn't my fault!" Branch yelled defensively, his voice still a little shaky.

     Tula looked at him for a moment, somewhat confused.

     "The water?" she questioned softly.
"Y... y... yes?" Branch stuttered.

     "Hmm..." she mumbled, looking at the young troll closely. "What's up with your hair?"
"My... my hair?" he questioned, feeling his hair with his hands. What was wrong with his hair?

     "You know..." she suddenly said, changing the subject. "I don't think I've ever seen you around the village. Who's your parents?"
"I... uh... don't... have... parents..." he answered.

     "Oh... ok than," Tula said, looking at him. "What about an aunt? Or an uncle?" He shook his head. "Grandpa? Grandma?"

Branch froze at the word 'grandma'.

"N... no... I... I don't..." he finally said sadly, lowering his head, as his ears dropped again.

"Oh..." Tula said softly, seeming a bit sad, hearing his response. "Than... who do you live with, young man?"
"Um... no... no one..." he said softly, not even looking up at her. "I... I'm alone..."