London Calling

Começar do início

"Yeah," she sighs. She shakes her head though and puts on a smile. "So, I'm making pancakes and I already made bacon," she says, pulling down so she's back on her heels.

"I noticed," I say, my hands sliding to her hips as I glance up at the kitchen. I look back down at her and kiss her small nose.

"Funny," she says.

"Hmm?" What's funny?

"You're wearing Batman boxers, and I'm wearing Joker under clothes," she says.

I smile a little and chuckle once. I hadn't even noticed which pair I'd gotten out of the dresser. "I guess we really are Batman and Joker." I kiss her once. "It makes sense that you'd be the enemy, though."

She raises a brow. "Other than what we've previously discussed? Why?" she asks.

"You're my enemy for getting out of bed everyday while you're in it!" I pick her up and start twirling her around.

She giggles as she holds onto me tightly. "Andy!" she squeals.

I set her down and immediately lean in to kiss her again. But, she pulls away playfully and goes back to the stove to flip the few pancakes. I walk past her and to the fridge, where I get out my pumpkin creamer as the coffee pot finishes. I pour myself a cup and kiss Niki's hair before I walk out to the dining room and sit at the table we bought.

A few minutes later, Niki comes walking in, a big plate of chocolate chip pancakes, several pieces of bacon layered on top, in one hand, a Monster can in the other. She sets them down then runs back to the kitchen, bringing back paper towels, two small plates, and forks and knives. I smile at her in appreciation as I start picking out a few and cutting them up. I see Niki snap a picture of the pancakes, probably sending it to Instagram.

We finish up breakfast, making normal conversation as we always do, but then I tell Niki to scoot over here so we can take a picture. I love taking pictures with her. She's so beautiful and photogenic. So she scoots her chair over and leans into my arm as I hold out my iPhone. Just a few seconds before I snap the picture above our heads, she leans in and kisses my cheek. I smile a little as my thumb presses the screen, and that picture gets saved. I show Niki, who smiles at it then leaves to start cleaning up. I post it on both my Instagram and Twitter accounts too, tagging her in the post and naming it, "Joker and her Batman." After posting it, I reply to her picture of the pancakes, saying, "Those were fucking delicious, babe <3"

"Thank you!" Niki calls from the kitchen a few moments later. I smile as I continue to scroll through latest Tweets, until I get a reply from Niki on our picture. "Best enemies forever <3"

Today I have a lunch with my John Feldman and a meeting with my band, Blasko, Jon, and Jason Flom (our guy for Universal), so I have to go upstairs and get ready. Niki has some sort of doctor's appointment so we get ready beside each other and relax listening to music until we have to go. When we depart, it's with a small kiss and a promise of seeing each other when we get home.

Several hours later, around six o'clock, I return home. Baby Doll is already home, as shown by her Jeep in the garage. I step out of my car and immediately, though I'm in the garage, I can hear loud music coming from inside our house. Our home.

It feels incredible. That feeling where you share a home with someone and not just a house. I have a home here with Niki, and that's something I'm going to cherish for a while.