London Calling

Andy.

My mind wakes up before my eyes open. I stretch my legs as I feel around for my girl, but I don't feel her in my arms. I groan as I open my eyes to the high ceiling, quickly turning my gaze around to see if Niki's in the same room. She isn't.

I sit up and roll my head around. I check the time on my phone, nine thirty-seven, and light a cigarette. As I shake my hair out I feel the slight aggitation at my scalp and remember the night before.

Niki was so fucking beautiful. We were each others last night, totally and completely. My moans and my body was hers as hers was mine.

After putting my cigarette out, I pick up the clothes around the bed and toss them into the laundry bin next to our closet. I pull out a random pair of boxers from the dresser, pull them on, grab my phone, then I begin my descent downstairs. As I continue, the smell of bacon gets that much stronger and I smile. She is honestly so perfect. I round the corner and stop at the door way to the kitchen.

Niki, my beautiful, beautiful Niki, is standing in front of the stove, wearing a pair of Joker underwear that she got from Riot on her birthday, peeling strips of bacon off of a frying pan. I stand against the door frame and watch as Niki then swishes out the pan and starts pouring pancake mix into the pan. She's so completely oblivious to me for some reason, but it's somewhat sweet. I watch as she starts humming something softly, then starts sprinkling chocolate chips over the pancake mix. She starts the coffee machine as she waits, and I notice an earbud in her left ear, her iPhone tucked so it won't fall out in just the stretchy hem of her panties. The bandage over her side is starting to peel at the edges and I know it's almost time for her to take it off.

I'm about to speak when she does. "That's fucking shitty, Tim. I'm sorry. Do you need me to come get you?" She pauses and listens to Tim on the phone. "Okay. Where are you staying tonight?... Of course, Tim. Both places are always open... You don't have much of a choice. I'm legally your guardian now... Yeah, you turn eighteen soon but-... Yeah, well for right now you have to crash at one of our places. Where do you want to crash?... Fine. I'll call Riot, okay? Let me know when you're driving back down here... Love you too, bud. I'll see you soon... Bye."

I finally break my silence. "Baby?"

Niki's head snaps up. "Hi, Andy," she says, smiling at me. She walks forward and wraps her arms around my neck as she stands on her toes. I peck her lips before I wrap my arms around her waist and hug her. She smells like her fancy soap and that reminds me of the shower we took last night and how cold she was afterwards. I held her so close under the covers.

"What's going on?" I ask.

She sighs. "You've been standing here a while, huh? Well, Tim got a DNA test on the baby because it didn't look like him, and it turns out that he isn't the father. So, Sandra's dad is driving him back down here and he has to technically live with me since I'm his guardian, but he said he wants to live with Riot because it would be weird to sleep in my house I guess?" She sighs. "He's a weird kid. I'm legally his guardian for another few months, though, so he's supposed to stay here. I can't make that kid do anything though. But Dad left money for all of us in his will, but he left a lot for Tim, so when Tim turns eighteen he wants to start paying rent and live with one of his friends that graduated last year." She sighs again. "Afer that I can't stop him. I told him I'd call Riot though. We have so much room in this house, I don't see the big deal."

I rub over her hip because she's obviously taking this task too seriously. She's the guardian, sure, but it is her brother and she could make him live here if she wanted. She just doesn't want to force him to do anything. "Well, we certainly have plenty of room here," I say.