6

Ae-ri turned around to meet with Taehyung standing with his arms crossed. “Taehyung,” she whispered his name, frightened her secret was exposed. “So you finally found it out didn't you?” Taehyung exclaimed sadly. “Please don't kill me” she begged, falling down on her knees.

Taehyung's eyes softened as he held her shoulders, helping her stand back on her feet. “Hey I won't hurt you. In fact, I came here looking for the album as well. But you found it before me.” “You know about them?” Ae-ri asked, confused. Taehyung grit his teeth.

“I do, I wanted to tell the truth to Jimin but every time I tried Y/N stopped me. She made me hate her because of her barbarous deeds. And to see her going behind my best friend's back with his own cousin was really low on both of their parts.”

“How did you find out about this by the way? Don't tell me Jungkook already knows about you finding his covert? He's a psycho, he'll do anything in his measures to keep his affair a secret that he once had with Y/N.” “Psycho?” Ae-ri had terror written all over her face.

“I know you won't believe it, but believe me. I've seen his Psycho self coming out whenever someone tried exposing his secret with Y/N or even spoke bad about Y/N. She knew he was a psycho and still accepted him. That made him lose his mental balance completely.”

“Please keep this information to yourself Ae-ri, I don't want him to hurt you. I know Jimin hasn't been the best husband but he does care about you. For now, let's click pics from the album and forget about Jungkook's mental health.”

Taehyung changed the topic bringing her attention back to the main reason why they were both here in Jungkook's room. Sitting down on the bed they flipped through each and every page of the album.

There were photos of you and Jungkook smiling, eating cotton candy. Jungkook's hand wrapped around your shoulders. Some photos showed you were pissed, however Jungkook still smiled fondly at you.

“How could they do something so disgusting to a pure soul like Jimin?” Ae-ri howled in anger. “Exactly! How could they do something like this to Jimin and Min-Soo?” Taehyung clenched his jaw staring at Ae-ri.

“I've clicked enough pictures. I'll get them printed out soon. But for safety concerns, I'll keep them with me. Don't make Jungkook suspicious, ok?” Ae-ri nodded her head agreeing to his talks.

“I'll have to go now? It was nice speaking to you!! I'm glad we are on the page to expose the cheaters.” He looked into Ae-ri's eyes, being firm with his decision. “I'm glad as well, no one deserves pain.” But what about the pain that the future holds ahead of them? Jungkook came back home in the evening with Min-Soo hopping beside him.

“Auntie look here, uncle Kookie bought chocolates for me.” She cooed while showing her chocolates to the lady. Ae-ri rolled her eyes. “Of course he'll buy chocolates and love this girl, after all she's his dead lover's daughter shared with her husband whom they both cheated on.”

“Min-Soo said something, why can't you reply back?” Jungkook growled angrily!! Her eyes caught a glimpse of a silver material hanging from his pocket. A combat knife was partially seen through his black leather jacket.

“He's indeed a Psycho. Just like Taehyung had mentioned. Oh My God! What have I gotten myself into? I need to hurry up and expose them as soon as possible. And take Jimin away from here.”

Her thoughts sauntered over her fear-stricken state. “Ahh, it's nice Min-Soo baby, now go and freshen up. I've made some snacks for my beloved daughter.” Min-Soo frowned at the end of her sentence.

“How can you be my mother? My mother is Y/N. My father's wife.” Ae-ri's blood simmered at her words. The little girl ran away to her room unaware of how unknowingly she struck a weak nerve in her step-mother's heart. 

“How dare you address her as your daughter? Never do that again. If you really want to be her mother, make sure to answer Min-Soo instantly when she says something to you next time.” Jungkook walked close to Ae-ri, their faces were inches apart. “Or I won't hesitate to-” his words creased mid sentence taking a step back hastily pretending like nothing happened.

“Oh Jungkook-ah you're already here?” Jimin wrapped his arms around the younger male's shoulder. “Yes Hyung, I was just asking your wife how her day was. Does she still feel scared because of Y/N?” His voice softened at the end while taking your name. Ae-ri's mouth hung wide open seeing him lie so effortlessly.

“No wonder people can't assume him as a Psycho. He lies so skilfully. Even I couldn't make out he was one. But now I know he is and I'll save Jimin from his demonic clutches.” “Ae-ri are you fine?” Jimin asked, noticing her stand numb like a statue.

“Yeah I've prepared snacks, wanna have some?” “Sure” he giggled like an excited kid, running to the kitchen. Jungkook shot her a glare putting on a fake smile following Jimin behind.

-TWO WEEKS LATER-

15 days passed Ae-ri kept on meeting up with Taehyung and trying to discuss everything they needed to expose the culprits.

“I think Ae-ri, that's more than enough. You've been a great help to me throughout these past weeks.” “I'm glad to help you” crimson varnished her cheeks. These past few weeks spent with Taehyung were amazing.

She's been getting this different tingly feeling whenever he is around her. “I know you've started falling for me, Ae-ri.” Taehyung straight up said, catching her off guard. “What do you m-mean?” Ae-ri stammered on her words of course not expecting him to find out about the sudden feelings she's started to have towards him.

“As much as I'd be happy to reciprocate your feelings. But I can't. You know it very well, Jimin is my best friend. He's already faced betrayal once in his life though he's yet to know about it. He won't be able to tolerate the pain of you cheating and leaving him behind as well let's not be like them. Maybe we'll be lovers in another life?”

He held her wrist rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand wanting to comfort her. Tears urged to spill out of her eyes but she held it in. “I'll have to head back now, Min-Soo probably is back from her day care.”

She rushed out of the cafe bumping into someone on the way. The person looked at her with stone cold eyes. “Your efforts would go in vain, if you tried chasing another man.”

His words caught her off guard. “Her soul still hates you. She's back in this world, to take what's hers. Jimin and Min-Soo.” A shiver ran down her spine hearing his words. “Who are you?” She tried freeing her wrist from his hold.

“I'm sorry. I'm so sorry” the person started apologizing suddenly. “I didn't intend to do anything to you.” “How do you know everything about me?” She was scared, doubting if he's allied with Jungkook. Now she regrets having run out of the cafe.

Taehyung wasn't there to protect her here. The person standing in front of her sighed looking down. “I know you won't believe me but I have this unique power, I get possessed by the ghosts and they usually show up to guide someone to the right path” “WHAT?