Chapter 19

"Ok, tell her I shall do it", Pauline replied with a smile. Gwen nodded and left sneakily.

     Immediately Gwen left, she became worried. She immediately entered her room.

     "Mom, who was that?", Janielle asked worriedly after seeing the look on Pauline's face. She wondered if it was that annoying man who was always beside the king.

     "It's just one of these servant girls asking of me and my health", Pauline replied.

     Janielle's mouth formed an 'oh', even though she knew Pauline was lying.

     "Ok, I think I should be going back to my room now", Janielle said, standing up and walking lazily too the door, "till tomorrow".

     Pauline nodded and hugged her before she left.

     But Janielle didn't go straight to her room, she immediately went to the castle gates.

     One of the guards blocked her, "Show me the seal permitting you to leave".

     Janielle was confused, "Since when did we need a seal to leave the castle".
"I take it as you haven't heard. You must've been permitted by the King", the guard patiently explained.

     "How do I get his permission?", Janielle asked knowing it wouldn't be easy to see the king nowadays as he was always busy.

     "I'll take you to Thomas", the guard said and started leading her to the king's garden knowing Thomas would be there. Janielle scrunched her eyebrows with a confused expression on her face, she had heard the name 'Thomas' before. But where? She just hoped Thomas would be gracious enough to let her see the king.
Soon, they arrived at the king's garden and as the guard predicted, Thomas was there trimming the flowers. When Thomas saw them, he walked towards them. The guard just bowed and left Janielle with Thomas.

     "What brings you here?", Thomas asked curtly.
     Janielle was shocked and angry. This was the idiot who was always with the king, "I need to see the king".

     "Why?", Thomas replied.
     "None of your business", she replied.

      Thomas didn't seem the least bothered, he just turned back ready to continue his work, "I take it as you're not ready".

     Janielle was so angry but getting permission from the king was more important, "wait, I'm sorry. I want to get permission from him to leave the castle though I wonder why he's interested in the activities of his servants also".

     "Do you dare question the king?", Thomas asked in reply which made Janielle shut up immediately.

     "No, but can I see him now?", She answered.

      "Follow me", Thomas said as he started walking towards the king's court room, he dropped the shears on his way and brought out a napkin from his picked to wipe his hands and then threw it over his back.
Meanwhile, Janielle who was walking behind him was the one the napkin fell on.
      "You idiot!", Janielle cursed at Thomas. She totally forgot she was just 5 steps away from the king's court room.

      The king was Currently in the middle of the meeting when he heard Janielle's voice.

     Instead of Janielle to keep quiet, she kept on ranting, "Who on Earth do you think you are?".

     Thomas just stopped and smirked without looking back, "stay here while I inform the king", the he left her and entered the court room.

     Janielle tcched, she'd have to teach him a lesson sooner or later. He was so annoying. Then she stopped and realized what she just did and covered her mouth which was wide opened, she was almost in front of the court room, she just hoped the king and his ministers didn't hear it.
             *.    *.    *.
     In the court room, Thomas entered and bowed his head.
     Everyone was looking at him with curiosity in their eyes. They heard a girl shouting outside, they wanted an explanation.

     "One of the kitchen staff wants to leave the castle", Thomas said.
When Tyler heard it, he smiled. When he heard the voice, he wasn't so sure it was Janielle's voice but when Thomas said 'kitchen staff's, he immediately knew she was the one. Tyler beckoned on Thomas to come closer so he could whisper something in his ear, "why do you think she wants to go? It wouldn't be to meet that Jonas Grayson, right?", The king asked.

     "I don't know my Lord", Thomas replied in a hushed tone.

     "Allow her and send someone to follow her and send back reports. She must not find out that someone is following her, got it?", The king ordered.

     Thomas nodded and left the court room quietly. Everyone just watched quietly though they badly wanted to know what happened.

     Carl, lady Florence son just watched quietly, he made a mental note not to forget to tell his mother what happened.

     Tyler turned back to his ministers, he saw the look of curiosity in their eyes and smiled. They would know sooner or later.
          *.    *.    *.
     Janielle already left the castle, she was headed to the city's junction. She boarded a carriage and soon she arrived at the front of Pastor Joe's house. Where they usually worshipped, they had to leave that place because they were getting threats the people around there so they were now worshipping at pastor Joe Berliner's house.

      "Oh my God, Janielle!!! Such a pleasure to see you", his wife exclaimed from the door. Pastor Joe's wife's name was Sienna.
She warmly welcomed Janielle and invited her in, "how are things at the castle?", Sienna asked.

     "Just as stressful and boring as it had always been. How have you been Mrs. Berliner?", Janielle asked in return.

     "Everything has been in God's hands. Let me inform my husband that you're here", she said and disappeared behind a huge curtain. While Janielle was left alone, she took her time to look around the house.

      This was the first time she was visiting their house and she was rather impressed. She wondered if Pastor Joe did any other job and what it could be. The only weird thing about the house was the huge old curtains by the windows and the one separating the sitting room and dinning from the other rooms in the house, 'probably the kitchen and bedrooms', she thought.

      While she was lost in her thoughts, Pastor Joe came in with his wife.
"Janielle!", He greeted happily, "such a pleasure to have you here".