She was absolutely right, but I was getting worked up. I wasn't mad at her. I was upset because everything was coming back to me. I was with someone I knew almost nothing about.

But he told you about his family.

Then why was he hiding so much from me about what's going on in his life now? Was it for my sake or was it for his sake? What could be so terrible that he would need to hide it from me.

I had told him everything and yet he refused to open up to me.

I am stupid for wanting to be with him.

"There's nothing to tell you Ren, we're just fine. Now drop it" I said, but it sounded a little more harsh that I intended it to be.

I instantly regretted it.

I was being mean to my friend all because of him.

Mean to Serenity. I never wanted to be mean to her. It was the last thing I wanted. At that moment I felt so shitty I wanted to disappear.

"Ren, I-I'm sorry" I said touching her shoulder.

I saw how her eyes teared up. She was a sensitive girl and I could understand why, but like always she blocked her tears and forced a smile.

"No need" she said with a cheerful voice. "I shouldn't get into your business, you're right. I won't ask again"

"No, Ren-"

"Don't worry" she chuckled. "You'll tell me if you want right? I don't want to push you" She said and walked faster.

How do I always mess up?

__________

I was home trying to get my mind off of Leo and focus on my family and spending time with them. I couldn't.

"Hey honey" My dad said sitting down on the couch next to me, "I made chocolate milk for your sisters, do you want some?" He asked.

"No, dad. Thank you" I said giving him a half forced smile.

"I see something's been bothering you"

I stayed quiet and kept looking at the TV.

"I know I can't take your mother's place but, you can talk to me about anything. Even if it's about a boy, or your friends. I am here" He waited to see if I would say anything.

I smiled. He was always such a good and supportive father. It would kill me to lose him now especially if I knew it would be because of me.

But somehow Leo's words made me feel safe. I trusted him so much even though I didn't know him. It was crazy.

"You probably need some time alone" He sighed and stood up, "You can talk to me when you're ready" He smiled.

"Thank you, dad"

I watched my sisters as they played together and my dad laughing lightly as he watched them.

Please don't let them get hurt.

After a few hours it was a already past midnight and I was watching TV.

I took out my phone and noticed a bunch of texts from Leo. I was instantly worried.

Did something happen?

Just then he started calling me. I picked up right away and went to my room so that my family wouldn't hear anything.

"What is it? I just opened my phone"

"You're awake. I was so worried"He said.

"What happened?"