Chapter 22: Chunin Exams

The day of the first exam was here. I waited for Sasuke outside the exam building to wish him luck. Ten minutes later, I saw his blue-black hair around the corner.

"You are going to be late!" I told him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked somewhat irritated.

"I'm here to wish you luck," I said and gave him a hug.

"Cut it off," he said it annoyed, "it's just a written exam."

"It's what comes after," I warned him, "use your Sharingan wisely," I suggested before walking away.

"I will be okay," he assured me, "you don't have to worry."

"I know you will," I said looking back at him with a smile, "and I do worry, don't forget I'm your big sister after all."

Kakashi's team passed the first exam, and soon after they began the second exam. They were four days into the second exam, and something felt odd, it was weird feeling in the air.

"Tomorrow, is the last day and they are still not in the tower," I told Kakashi from my balcony.

"They will make it.... I know they will," he was seating on the edge of the balcony, sipping on his tea.

"Something doesn't feel right," I told him.

"It's just your nerves," he said giving me a very visible smile.

"I hope you are right," I said as I drank the last of my tea.

I couldn't sleep all night. I wanted it to be mid-day already and see if Sasuke, and his team made it out in time. I was in the Hokage's office helping the Hokage revise paperwork from the exams, when he got up, "it's time to go meet the groups who passed to the 2rd round."

"Yes sir," I said, and we walked towards the tower. I saw Kakashi on our way there. He walked behind me, held my arm, and whispered, "Iruka was summoned," I sighed in relief. They made it. They passed. I looked at him with a big smile on my face, then notice Anko staring at us. She probably hates me more now, I thought, but I didn't care.

Kakashi and I have become very close friends. We would spend a lot of time together and train together. It was nice to train at my full potential, I always held back in the AMBU because I didn't want anyone to see my Sharingan. But with Kakashi I didn't have to hide anything, he knew everything about me, and he found the competition between us amusing.

We entered the tower and the Hokage announced that the first part of the third exam was going to start right there. The first fight was between Sasuke vs. Yoroi, the winner would move on to the second part. When I saw Sasuke step up, I automatically knew there was something wrong with him. His chakra was very disturbed, and he seem to be in pain. He looked at me and smiled, but I looked straight at Kakashi, and I could tell there was something he wasn't telling me.

"Lord Hokage," I leaned to talk to the Hokage. "Something I wrong with Sasuke, his chakra is deturbed."

"Yes, I am aware," he said "he will be fine, Yami, there is no need for you to worry."

The fight started and after some struggle Sasuke pulled through and beat his opponent. He didn't even used his Sharingan, I thought. Kakashi walked him outside and the competition continued. After a while I saw Kakashi come back alone, and I felt uneasy. Where was Sasuke? Kakashi notice I was looking at him but he avoided meeting my gaze.

When the matches were over everyone was talking about the boy from the sand. "So much hate and anger in his eyes," the Hokage said.

"Lord Hokage, I would like to go check on Sasuke, if I may?" I asked him.