start me up

The four residents; Phoebe, Jackson, Meredith and Cristina, continued their journey through the bright, bustling halls to the surgical lobby where they had all been paged to

The four residents; Phoebe, Jackson, Meredith and Cristina, continued their journey through the bright, bustling halls to the surgical lobby where they had all been paged to. Walking in pairs, Phoebe and Jackson gained April on their way and the newly reunited twisted sisters gained Alex, they slowed their pace once they got to the lobby and looked around in slight confusion, waiting for the reason for the page to reveal itself.

"What is this, everybody got paged?" Jackson asked as he looked around to see the rest of the residents crowded together.

"It's that time of year again. The chicks have hatched." Alex advised smugly.

"Is that some sort of a code?" April asked blandly.

"Or weird euphemism?" Phoebe grumbled in disgust as she surveyed her surroundings.

"Those chicks." Alex nodded to the clearly nervous group of medical students that followed closely behind Dr Webber. The residents all looked to the newcomers and let out despondent sighs.

"Oh, first-year med students. Too dumb to find the toilet." Cristina mused with a knowing tone, pulling a laugh from Meredith who was stood at her side. Phoebe let out a small snicker which she attempted to hide when Webber looked their way, moving her head to the side and partly hiding behind Jackson's back. Jackson smirked down at her and teasingly nudged her, making her look up at him and let out an actual laugh, slapping a hand to cover her mouth.

"Good morning. Behind me stand the interns and residents of tomorrow. Today, you will show them what it's like to be a surgeon. When you go into surgery, they go into surgery. When they have a question, you will answer." Webber started, gesturing to the group behind him.

"It's like court-ordered community service." Cristina mumbled.

"I'd rather be picking up trash off the side of the highway." Meredith replied, catching Webber's attention.

Lexie stepped forward from next to Webber, drawing everyones attention at she looked down at her clipboard.

"Fred Wilson, you're with Dr. Yang." Lexie called out. Cristina briefly raised her hand but kept her uninterested expression plastered onto her face.

"Kira Donnelley, with Dr. Grey." Meredith smiled somewhat warmly.

"Hudson Powell, with Dr. Kepner." April raised her hand with a brief smile that ended up looking more like a grimance. Phoebe elbowed April gently and raised a suggestive eyebrow once April caught her eye.

"He's cute." Phoebe whispered pointedly to April, who in response simply shook her head and pushed Phoebe away from her.

"Laurel Pinson ..." Lexie called out, pausing slightly to find the correct resident's name. In the pause, Phoebe could hear the competitive whispers of the two men next to her as they vied for the pretty med students attention, making her shake her head and roll her eyes.