Chapter twenty-six: Rapunzel the tangled girl

I do not own any of these characters, settings, and ideas of settings. They all belong to Pixar, Disney, and DreamWorks animation studios.

    Talk and laughter filled Rapunzels ears. Her heart beat to the rhythm of the music surrounding her.

The farmers market was extraordinarily large.  So large, she'd almost lost Hiccup a few times, in the multiple waves of oncoming people. That's why he was now clinging onto her shoulder like a little kid to his mom.

"Rapunzel! Slow down!" He basically shouted in her ear. But Rapunzel still couldn't hear him over the commotion and wonderful chaos that filled each corner of her view. Merida strode along beside Rapunzel, eyes shining with joy. The four had broken apart from the school group, earlier. Ugh, they would've just slowed them down.

  Various stalls of tasty smelling food, glittering jewelry, and art stood guard beside them. Everything was beautiful, in an almost delicately familiar way. And at that moment, Rapunzel knew it. She didn't want to go back. She didn't want to face the grey sky's. She didn't want to go to school,  anymore. She didn't want mom controlling her life.

Rapunzel tried as hard as she could to move along with her friends, but she fell weak at the sight of a blanket booth. She dragged Hiccup along with her as she skipped along to the blankets.

Each blanket had a creepily, yet beautifully, embroidered image atop of each wool blanket. She could hear Hiccup let out a shaky gasp, behind her. He pulled away, and went his way throughout the small shop. Rapunzel peered through a blanket with a picture of a white lamb, to see him disappear between two purple ones.

Rapunzel went her separate way from the others. She let her hands gracefully tread along each hanging blanket. They were soft and warm against her fingers. She felt like wrapping herself up in one of them at that very moment. Maybe she'd buy one....

And then she saw it: the girl. Well, an image of a girl painted intricately onto the blanket. The toddler had wide, green eyes, and soft looking, blonde hair. Rapunzel would've thought it was her herself if it wasn't for the young parents holding her. She looked into their eyes. The girl had her mother's eyes, definitely. They seemed so real, so close...

"Rapunzel!" Merida shouted from the outside of the shop. "Come on, they're having a dance out here. Let's go watch."

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute!"She called back.

Rapunzel pulled out her phone. And before leaving to go with her friends, snapped  a quick picture of the blanket. She didn't know why she did it. She just got one of those gut feelings, she guessed.