Chapter fourteen: Rapunzel the dreamer

I do not own any of these characters, ideas of settings, or original settings. They all belong to Disney, Pixar, and DreamWorks animation studios.

The four walked down the cold, stretched, cobble stone streets. The dark blue blanket of stars fitted the night sky, perfectly. Lamp.posts decorated the streets, here and there. She could see her icy breathe when she breathed. Rapunzel chartered away at Hiccup and Jack. Merida just stalked along, silently.

They finally came across a neon sign. It was a bright, yellow duck. A black slash of light lay across its single blue eye. The words below it read, 'The squeaky duck'. Jack could hear the rumbling of bar fights and yelling banging against its walls.

"Uh, how's about we find another place to eat..... Punzie?" Jack tried to pull Rapunzels arm away from the restraunt, but she ended up resisting. Her eyes stared up in joy at the brilliantly lit sign. They looked even bigger, with the bright lights reflecting off of them.

She finally turned to her friends. "Let's eat here." She wore a smile across her face. Gosh, why'd she have to be so pretty? Jack's heart thumped against his chest, his face heating up with anxiety and Rapunzels smile.

The lights inside were dim. The clatter of dirty dishes and plastic beer mugs tossled around in the air. There were these tough looking men who glared at the teenagers. Rapunzel doubted Merida could even stand up to them.

After many seconds of searching for a table, they'd finally found a clean table. Well, at least a table clean out of people.

Rapunzel sat down, her hair, uncomfortably stuck under her. She quickly tossed it aside, behind her. A Half-ripped menu sat infront her. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Merida flipping, viciously, through the frail pages.

"That hungry, eh?" Jack smirked. Hiccup smiled, his cheeks slowly puffing out in a laugh.

"Shut up." She angrily replied. "I haven't eaten for hours."

Jack smiled across the table to Rapunzel. He was opening his mouth (probably to make another comment about Merida's savage hunger) when Rapunzel felt a tug on her ponytail. Jack stood up, his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth in an angry 'O'.

And that's when the fight began.