Chapter fifteen: Hiccup the lover boy

I do not own any of these characters, ideas of the settings, and settings. They all belong to Disney, Pixar, and DreamWorks animation studios.

The karaoke was endless in Hiccups mind. He thought the horrible screaming that these burly men called singing would go on forever. He felt like internally killing himself. He should've an hour ago.

Rapunzels interference with a fight between a tiny motorcycle man and Jack ended up saving there butts. Including a terrified Hiccup.

Hiccup was about to get up to hide in the restroom when a miracle happened. Rapunzel skipped around the tables of entertained, tattooed men, and hopped up onto the wooden platform of a stage next to a thick man, who seemed to be crushing the microphone in his tough hands. She whispered something to him, causing the man to smile at her and carefully hand the microphone over to her. Soon enough, it was just Rapunzel and the bright, white lights shining on her petite face.

"Hi." She softly said, seeming nervous for some apparent reason. Why should she be nervous? She knew she was everyone's best friend in that bar, by now. Especially Hiccups.

"I'd like Merida to join me in singing ' The Dreamer'. "

Merida nearly sputtered out her butter beer. She looked around, wide eyed. She probably thought this was a joke, just something to keep her awake for the night. But it wasn't. Everyone stared at her in the bar, expecting her to do something.

So Merida pulled off her jacket, wiped her mouth clean of butter beer foam, and made her way over to the stage.

Her skin looked brighter than ever under the light. Her menacing eyes shown a glassy blue.  A tall, wirey man with an eye patch tiptoed over to her feet, and handed her a microphone. Merida cautiously received it in her freckled hands. She put it to her chin.

Intro music blasted from every corner of the bar. Rapunzel gleaned with glee. Merida snuggly dug her hands in her shallow pockets. As soon as Rapunzels lips parted, and river of words made beautiful flowed out of her mouth. Hiccup had never really heard Rapunzel sing before. Maybe hum, yeah. But actually sing. It was a paradise poem.

But then his attention turned to poor Merida in the shadows. He shouldn't say poor Merida. She'd probably punch him in the face if he'd ever called her that.

And soon enough, it was her turn to sing. Gosh, her face was as red as a strawberry.

At first, she stumbled on the words. Her tongue tripped over them multiple times. For seconds she'd pause. Hiccups eye brows furrowed in worriedness. Then all of a sudden, Jack stood up. "You can do it, Merida!"

Merida flickered her eyes to the two. She stared into Hiccups deep green eyes for a bit, a muscle twitching in her cheek. Hiccup looked down, feeling like he would crumble at her being. Then, he heard her voice.

It was shaky, a bit off tune, but her voice was out there. Hiccup slowly peered up, his long bangs hanging in his eyes. She was smiling. She was dancing. Merida was jumping energetically with Rapunzel. The two put arms around each others shoulders, hopping up and down like this was a concert of their own.

Merida glowed. Hiccup flushed a red, his mouth gasped open. He realized he should've been smiling. So he did. He cheered them on, his voice faltering sometimes because of how Jacks voice would beat him to the job. Jack and Hiccup clapped there hands to a beat. The two got a bit too excited.

Soon enough, Hiccup found all four of them sharing microphones, screaming there heads off. Hiccup smiled wider than ever.