Chapter Fifty-Two: Princess Clara (Part 2)

Geoff (The King) POV:

I watch as the whole crowd bows down to Clara. It's absolutely silent and Clara's looking out into the crowd in confusion. She slowly pulls her hands from her ears and waves towards the crowd. "Gwammy? Wha dey doin?" Clara asks, the microphone picking up her voice.

"They're bowing to you because you're the new princess." Arabella tells her.

The crowd eventually straightens up and Clara leans towards the microphone and says, "Hi!" I can practically see all their hearts melt.

Then the clapping and screaming starts again, startling Clara. She slaps her hands over her ears and the doors behind Arabella and I open, signaling it's time for us to go. Clara is handed back to Grace and I grab Arabella's hand before walking through the door.

We have to get to the crowning ceremony soon. This won't be accessible to the public and only a handful of reporters will be here for it. Grace walks in behind Arabella and I, hugging Clara close to her chest. "You're a princess, babygirl." Grace whispers into Clara's hair.

I can't help but smile a little bit seeing Grace interact with Clara. It's just a little tilt of my lips, but it's there. "I'm sorry to interrupt, Your Highness, but we need to head downstairs so Clara can be officially crowned." A Royal Guard says after he bows to me.

I nod my head and offer my arm to Arabella. She loops her arm through mine and we head down the staircase, the First Family following. Clara babbles to Grace about the noise of the crowd that can still be heard from inside, something about snow, and her rocking horse.

It's adorable to hear her chat about nonsensical things while she's about to go through the biggest moment of her life. She has no idea she's going to be an official princess in a few short minutes.

Arabella and I come to a stop in front of the large, gold double doors that secure our crowning hall. The crowning hall is filled with hundreds of rows of pews, filled with politicians, family, friends, and people of importance.

We'll walk Clara down the long isle in between the pews and then come to a stop in front of two gold steps. From there, Arabella and I's parents will be awaiting to crown Clara. A few words will be said and then the crown will be placed on Clara's head. After that, a few photos will be taken and we'll leave the building. "Are you ready?" I ask the First Family.

Calisto nods his head and takes Clara from Grace. "Are you ready, princess? You have to be really good. The whole words going to be watching you!"

"Daddy..." Clara mumbles, clearly tired and in need of a nap. Poor baby's been up since six this morning and is about to crash.

"I know, butterfly. Just a little bit more and then you can have milky." Calisto rubs Clara's back and she lays her head on his shoulder.

Two guards approach us, and bow before grasping a handle each. They give a nod to Arabella and I, then open the door. Hundreds of people sit in the pews but stand when the doors are thrown open.

Calisto gives Clara one last kiss and then hands her to Arabella. Clara automatically snuggles up to my wife's chest, and I begin to walk down the red carpet lined isle with my wife at my side. The people we pass bow their heads in acknowledgment and our friends wave to Clara.

Multiple camera clicks can be heard from the select few news channels we allowed in the room. We warned them to keep their flash off and so far, they're obeying the rules. There are several cameras towards the back on the room and strategically placed microphones to pick up any and all noise to be heard. They don't want to miss a thing.