Chapter 5

'Who is that guy outside?'

'Isn't he gorgeous?'

'Does he go to our school?'

'I think my skin is on fire. What might his kiss feel like'.

The mutters and murmurs echoed in the hallway what now seemed like a beehive. What was the hype about? I walked towards the exit with my bag dangling down my shoulder, when I heard Emma and Uzono whining as they too walked down the hallway.

'He is here for me!!!' Uzono said excitedly. 'I never thought he will show up like this.'

'I'm so happy for you, Uzono,' Emma squealed with joy as if it was her who was experiencing this happiness. She is someone who supports everyone. A girl with the golden heart is what I like to call her. They were passing me when I noticed Emma's slippers almost slipping off her feet. I tugged onto her wrist stopping that Uzono maniac on the way.

'Emma why don't we give Uzono some privacy,' I said looking down at Emma's shoes. Emma looked at me with a thank you look in her eyes.

'Alright, alright,' Uzono said before sprinting like a grasshopper across the playground and jumped at the guy, who - in a split second - dodged the hug, with Uzono falling on the ground. It was non other than Baji himself.

'Shit didn't mean that to happened,' Baji grinned unapologetically.

'It's okay, it's not your fault I am fine,' Uzono said as she got up and dusted her shirt and skirt.

We saw what happened while walking towards them after Emma wore her shoe properly. I could feel my ears beaming with rage with every passing second. 'This not how you treat someone.'  I kept my calm posture without even realizing my palms getting white from my tight grip.

'This is going to do down,' Emma said looking at me as I walked toward Baji and Uzono with my calm - weather before the storm - face.

'Hi, bitch.....'

*slap!*

I could hear all the gasping from our school and Emma and Uzono. Baji stood there, stunned,  his hair covering the side of his face which now had my handprints on them.

'Y/N!' Emma yelled as she ran towards me and grabbed my arms, 'What did you do? Can you not control your anger once!,' she was trying to drag me out of the place but I wasn't moving an inch.

'This is for the way you treated Uzono, motherfucker!' I screamed and spat on the ground before walking away from them. Blood pounding in my head like crazy. I need to get out of here now.

*******************
I was at my peace place, laying beside the - little stream like- lake as I closed my eyes trying to forget what happened earlier. I lost the track of time. The sun was already setting on the horizon. The grass was soft under my torso. It felt comforting but you know what they say. "Enjoy while it lasts".

'Hey, bitch,'

'What the fuck do you want? I don't want to deal with you', I said with my eyes closed. I turned on my other side with my back facing Baji. Even his presence seemed to annoy me at this point. He sat down beside me, the intense smell of his cologne started to irritate my nostrils now.

'That was a nice slap you gave me this morning. What a wakeup call,' he said with an enthusiastic manner. I stayed silent. There was a long silence before he said something to me again.
'I'm sorry.'

I could almost feel him struggling with the words.

'You don't owe me an apology.'

'So I didn't do anything wrong with you?'