Chapter 33

"Domick?" I whispered in awe.

I looked up at his forehead to see his tattoo had weirdly faded a lot just from the last time I had glanced at it minutes ago.

"Kira," he rumbled back at me. His voice was hoarse, as if he hadn't been using it much recently.

"How- what, are you okay?" I stumbled over my question, shocked he was actually talking to me. Not just coldly throwing me off.

He brought his free hand up to rub at his forehead as he gripped me tighter against his body. I snuggled in deeper, just glad to be back in his arms. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder and I found that very true right now.

"We need to leave," he got out. "There's nothing good going on here that we can help with."

I looked at him like 'duh'. "Umm I've literally been saying that since the beginning."

He just looked down at me.

I smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, I'm just so glad to see you're back."

His expression softened and he tried to smother me with his wings. I unfocused on them so I wouldn't sneeze and ruin the moment. I looked around, thinking about what our next step could be.

Only to quickly realize that my Dad had never actually left the room. Domick had so successfully distracted me that I had forgotten we had an audience.

My father had turned around and was standing there looking horrified at our interaction. "It's worse than I thought." He muttered to himself, then upon noticing me realize he was still there, his face fell into an emotionless mask. But he couldn't hide the manic gleam in his eyes.

Domick loosened his hold on me after he felt my body go stiff, and instinctively positioned me behind him. He looked where I was facing and snarled when he also noticed my father was still here.

"Move," Domick snapped, "we're leaving." He bulked up right in front of my eyes.

It might have been the wrong place and time, but I couldn't help but take a second to let my eyes get reacquainted with his broad shoulders and -when he glanced back at me- blazing, silver eyes, brimming with protective fury.

I blushed as I got knocked out of my ogling by my father letting out a low chuckle, "I don't see that happening anytime soon. Kira's new life is just getting started and it seems your time in it is getting shorter and shorter."

Instead of heading towards us, he opened the door, backed up and left through it, locking it after him with a click.

Domick turned back to face me, "Kira-" he swore when he saw the look on my face, "As much as I missed you too..." he trailed off as I tried to wipe the longing off my expression but apparently not to successfully.

"Fuck it." He groaned and leaned down to put his lips on mine. Our tongues doing the familiar tango they hadn't done in too long.

After too short a time, in my opinion, he stood up straight with me still in his arms to observe his new surroundings. I knew he wouldn't find much considering I've been doing the same thing for days while locked in here. While he pondered, I wrapped my arms around his waist and tucked my head into his chest. Glad to have him back, and so I would quit staring into his now pink wings.

"I say we just let you lose, go kidnap Seth, run away and never look back." I mumbled into his shirt only half joking.

His body shook in silent laughter, "I wish it was as simple as that but sadly we got to do something for these people." Releasing a dramatic sigh, I stepped back from him.

" Okayyy," I dragged out, "to do anything first we just need to get out of here and the only way that's happening is if someone unlocks it."

"Then I guess we better make that happen," Domick brought his hand up to rub his chin in thought. "I believe Lee would help us if he could, and your father seems to be lacking in keeping everyone securely in his grip. So, we only need to find his breaking point and go from there."

"Well, like I said, we can't do much until we're out of this room. So what the next move Dom?" I looked up into his silver eyes. His eyes held contact with mine for a moment then drooped into a sensual stare.

  "I can think of plenty of things we can do as our next move, but I'm sure they are watching us. And that is one show I would rather not put on for them." I blushed and shyly smiled back up at him. He walked over to the couch and sat down, then patted his chest. "Come lay, and we can figure out the rest later."

I gladly obliged.