The Invite

Ashwineyy! Amma appa ku award kedachadhukku oru chinna dinner celebration vechirkkom. Ungala koopdanum nu call pannen neenga edukkala. Nalakki evening GRT Grand ku vandhrunga. Evening 7 ku. Free ah illa nu lam solladheenga, Pugazh anna already solittaru neenga free nu avar kitta sonnadha. Ungalukkaga wait pannittu iruppen. Marakkama vandhrunga.

(Ashwineyy!! My parents are hosting a dinner to celebrate the award they received. I called to invite you but you didn't pick up. Please come to GRT grand tomorrow evening at 7. Pugazh Anna already informed me that you are free so don't try to make excuses. I'll be expecting your arrival. Please don't forget to make it.)

Ashwin woke up to 3 missed calls from her and a message that invited him to the dinner that her parents are hosting to celebrate the award they have received. He always saw her parents as his own. Her parents were cordial to him right from the beginning, especially her mother. It was after he met her that he realised that it was her innocence and child like persona that Sivaangi had inherited. She displayed immense care and affection to him, just as she would to Pugazh and Sivaangi. He vividly remembers her mother's words in an interview where she called him a 'gentle man' and cannot thank her enough for that. Her parents were extremely caring and supportive when he fell ill due to Covid immediately after their show ended which made him feel home in this strange city after a long time.

Ashwin decided to call her and wish her parents on the award over phone first.

"Ashwineyyy!! Evlo dharava call pannen naanu? Yen edukkala?" she answered in one ring.

(Ashwineyy!! I tried to call you so many times. Why did you not pick up?)

"Thoongitten ma. Sorry ippo dhan paathen. Adhan call pannen", he apologised.

(I slept off. Just saw your message. That's why I called you back.)

"Usually naa dhan 10 mani varlam thoonguven. Inniki kalela 8 am ke endhirichitten. Ana neenga 10 mani varlam thoongirkeenga. Role reverse Ashwineyy!", she exclaimed.

(I am the one who usually sleeps until 10 am. But today I woke up at 8 am. But you slept until 10 am today. Such a reversal of our roles!)

"Shoot irundhuchu ma late night varlam adhan thoongitten. Tired ah irundhuchu"

(I had shoot until until late in the night. I was very tired and that's why I woke up late.)

"Rest edunga Ashwineyy. Naa summa amma appa oda function ku koopdalam nu dhan call pannen. Naa apparam pesaren", she said. Ashwin schedule had been hectic. He barely had time to rest. Movies, music videos, ad films; he was one of the busiest actors in the industry now. Ashwin always wanted to make a hay while sun shines.

(Take rest Ashwineyy. I called only to invite you to the dinner tomorrow eveining. I'll call you later.)

"Illa illa, nee pesu. Naa endhirichitten. Epdiyum ippo endhrikkara time dhan. I saw your message. Nalakki evening GRT dhane?"

(No No. You talk. I am up now. It's anyway time for me to wake up. Your message was the first thing I saw when I woke up. It's GRT Grand tomorrow at 7 right?)

"Ama Ashwiney. Ungalukku special invitation kudukka sonnanga. Pugazh anna, Ramya anni kooda varuvanga. Neenga busy illa nu sonnadha Pugazh anna sonnaru. Vandhruveenga nu nambaren."

(Yes. My parents asked me to give you a special invitation. Pugazh anna and anni are also coming. Anna already told me you are free tomorrow so I hope you'll make it.)

Ashwin's Sundays are usually dedicated to PS. He would play for hours together on Sundays and days when he did not have shoot. "Sunday dhane ma. Vandhruven", he replied.