La Bella Luna

It was a Sunday afternoon and The Krishnakumars' were all set to have a sumptuous Kerala style lunch specially made to celebrate the prestigious Sangeetha Kalanidhi award that Mr and Mrs Krishnakumar had received from the Music academy. It was customary for the Krishnakumar's to always have Sunday lunch together, discussing about the week's happenings and a call from the President of the award committee that morning had definitely made their weekend lunch a celebration.

"Full kerala style lunch amma!!! Nee pannala la?" Sivaangi teased.

"Cooku dhan di panna. Naa summa recipe mattum kuduthen. Paalada Pradhaman mattum naa pannen. For celebrating the news we received today. Enna kindal pannala na unakku thookkam varaadhu. Pannikko po."

"Appo enakku adhu mattum venam", Vinayak giggled.

"Saapdatti po. Loss unakku", Mrs. Krishnakumar replied.

"Evlo naal kanavu la Sangeetha? It's such an honour to receive this. Ivlo periya recognition lam ivlo seekram kedaikkum nu nenachu kooda paakkala. Manasu neranju irukku inniki. We should call friends and well-wishers and host a dinner once we receive the award formally", Mr. Krishnakumar insisted.

"Kandipa. Inniki lunch ke Praveen ah koopadalam nu nenachen. Ana avan busy pola phone edukkala. Vandhrundha avanodayum celebrate pannirkalam. He must be very excited about this too", Mrs. Krishnakumar added.

"Nalla paiyan. It's a rarity to find such dedicated students now a days. Andha paiyan innum periya aal ah varanum. Adhan ennoda aasa. His research also seems very interesting. Ennala mudinja help ennavo naa panna try panren"

"Romba nalla paiyan. En kitta konjam books and audio recordings kettrundhan avanoda research ku. Naa driver ta kuduthu vidalam nu yosichittu irukken. Neenga college la avana paatha kuduthruveengala?" Mrs. Krishnakumar asked. "Apdiye you can share the news with him."

"Naa poi paakkaren ma. Today evening. Naa apdiye kuduthruven. Anniki concert la avanukku seriya bye kooda sollala. Pugazh anna va paakka pora avasarathla apdiye kelambitten. I think I should meet him in person and apologise for that. Naa inniki evening poren. Please no solladheenga", Sivaangi requested.

Sivaangi felt extremely bad for not giving him enough attention after the concert. He came just to spend time with her and she did not give him a proper explanation also for leaving him like that. She did message him to apologise, but the sweetheart that she is, she felt she should apologise in person too.

"Seri Kanna. Neeye poi kuduthuttu va. And don't forget to share the news with him", Mr. Krishnakumar agreed.

The four of them spent the lunch time discussing about Mr. and Mrs. Krishnakumar's journey in the music industry so far and how much this award means to them. A sumptuous lunch with the family on a weekend was a perfect way to kick start celebrations of their dream come true moment.

-----

Hi Praveen. Inniki evening unna paakka varalam nu irukken. Free ah? Free ah illa na free aaidu. Naa kandipa varuven. Around 6.30. Byeeee.

She messaged Praveen after lunch and decided to make her signature dessert and take it for him. She received a reply from him a couple of hours later.

Sivuuu, you are always welcome home. You know I'll cancel all plans for you. We can have dinner together. Can't wait to see you!!

Sivaangi smiled after reading the message. She was going to spend time with him after so many years and she was more elated to know that Praveen was excited too. She packed some of the caramel pudding that she made for him. Dressed up in an orange cotton anarkali, her hair braided in a French braid, she adorned a small bindi in between her eyebrows and a small silver jhumkas for her ears. Her kohl-filled eyes, that always reflected her innocence, now twinkled with the excitement to meet her old friend. She looked like a damsel. Wearing a bright smile on her glossy lips, she left to meet him.