I'll be there for you

Ashwin had read her caption for the post for the nth time since morning. He has ofcourse complimented her looks many times. Cute ah irukka ma, he would always say whenever she asked him. She looks like a doll, undoubtedly. That's how he saw her since the beginning. He never dreamt of dedicating a song like that for her. Listening to it now, he felt it was an apposite song for her. She did walk like doe in the forest. She did have a voice that felt like the dew drops of margazhi. Her eyes, sharp as a lightning. It was an apt dedication.

I am sure he made her feel special. What if she falls in love with him eventually? He seems romantic. And gutsy too. At this rate, he would confess his love in a couple of more meetings. Wait. Don't over think Ashwin. He might have just had friendly intentions. But why am I thinking about all this? So what if they fall in love? Why is this thought bothering me? , he thought.

----

"Yen machan. Naa paattu katthukkitta nalla irukkum nu nenaikkaren. Next movie oru singer ah panna poren la? So method acting kaaga paattu kathukkalam nu irukken. Do you have any idea from whom I can learn?" he asked his friend. Ashwin had come up with this excuse to make his friend believe that he isn't interested in learning music for Sivaangi.

(I think it will be better for me to learn music. I am playing a singer in my next movie. It would be like method acting.)

"Ohoo method acting", he replied sarcastically. "Theriyum da. Inga saligramathla oru paattu class irukku. Anga venum na poriya? Unakku dhan saligramam na pudikkume. Mahabalipuram pora vazhi la varum la? Unakku okay na sollu anga naa pesaren. Avanga unna student ah yethuppanga. Ashwin friend recommendation will work."

(I do know someone in Saligramam who teaches music. Would you like to go there? I think it's on the way to mahabalipuram. If you want, I can recommend. I am sure my recommendation will work.)

 Ashwin knew very well that he was talking about Sivaangi.

"Dei, Velayadadha da. Sivaangi ya edhuku izhukkara?"

(Don't pull my leg da. Why are you bringing in Sivaangi into this?)

"Sivaangi ya naa izhukkalaye. Nee yen apdi nenaikkara?"

(I didn't talk about Sivaangi.Why are you thinking about her)

"Pinna yaara sonna?"

(Then who?)

"Ava appa amma va sonnen", his friend teased, earning a glare from Ashwin. 

"Nee dhan avangalukku close aache. Poi paattu kathukkanum nu sollu avanga super ah kathukuduppanga", his friend replied. "Saligramam naale ava dhan nyabagam vara unakku. Ketta love pannala panrena nu therila adhu idhu nu solluva. Ana ava nyabagthlaye irukka vendiyadhu."

(I was talking about her parents. You are close to them right? If you say you are interested in learning, I am sure they will accept you as their student. Saligramam is synonymous to Sivaangi for you. You deny you are in love with her but you always connect everything to her.)

"Dei apdi lam illa da. Ava enna poi epdi da love pannuva? Ava manasula apdi oru ennam illadhappo naa epdi apdi yosikka mudiyum? Naa show appove oru vaatti ketten. Appo kooda ava crush nu dhan sonna", he clarified. His friend was now tired of quoting the numerous instances that Sivaangi conveyed her love through her eyes. Ashwin had decided not to see what everyone else saw.

(It's not like that da. How will she fall in love with me? And how can I think like that when she has no such feelings. I asked her once during the show. She clearly said it was just a crush.)