Chapter 15: Revenge and Revelations

Start from the beginning

"We're not going to break it, dummy," Nathaniel said, grabbing the wand from Theo's hands. "Just going to do this!" he said as he chucked the wand into the lake. We looked on in horror as it splashed into the water and sank below where we could see.

"You foul git!" I shouted, aiming my wand at him. Finally the moment had come. I shouted an incantation and a dark blue, almost black, spark shot out from my wand and hit Nathaniel. He took a step back and that's when the hex went into effect. We watched as his knees painfully began to reverse. His brown eyes grew wide and he let out a cry of pain and shock as he took another step back, but since his knees were now on the other side of his legs, he ended up falling into the lake.

The boys helped him up and as they turned to run off, Leon turned back to me and said with a glare, "I knew you'd go bad, they always do." They ran off, Nathaniel's holding onto his friends' shoulders for support. They were probably going to Madam Rosenbloom's, who knows if they'll tell. I didn't care, I was pissed and needed to let off some steam. I turned to Sable and Rubina, both of whom looked impressed and terrified.

"Well that was scary to watch," said Rubina timidly, hiding behind strands of her spiky ginger hair.

"Sorry girls, I was pissed. Plus I wanted to finally use my training. Anyway, let's go look for your wand, Sable," I said. She nodded and the three of us began wading through the lake, scanning the depths for the wand. When I finally found it, I pulled it out and held it in the air, calling them over. "Here you are, milady," I said to Sable.

"Thanks," she said gratefully, though after she took her wand she paused for a moment. "Hey Sachie..."

"Yes?"

"Be careful, please. I don't want you to get in trouble for my sake."

"If I get in trouble it's because I did what I wanted to. Plus it was pretty funny seeing them get their just desserts."

"Sure, but just don't go overboard, okay? I think your pranks are funny and all and trust me, no one was more impressed than I just now, but if you get expelled I will smack you."

"I won't, I promise. And if I do go overboard, call me out on it, okay?" She smiled at this and I hugged my two besties.

I went back to the castle by myself and, as I kind of expected, I was given a very thorough talking-to by Professor Spinster and Professor Wolfram. I told them what happened from my perspective, and both of our groups had about thirty points taken from each of our houses respectively. I grumbled in annoyance as I walked back to the Common Room. I fell onto my bed and went into a deep sleep.

A few days passed, and Leon's group was staying out of my way, which was good. No snide glances in class, no sarcastic comments, not even a single acknowledgement. I felt like I could breathe and relax again. We were at the end of a Defense Against the Arts lesson with Professor Spinster when she asked if we had any questions.

"Professor, we've been focusing on dark magic in relation to creatures, but you've mentioned dark magical objects. When will we be learning about those?" asked Rubina, her voice holding no meekness as curiosity took its place.

"We have a bit of time now before class is over. If you'd like, I can cover anything you're interested in."

"For starters, the text keeps mentioning something called the Divine Seven."

The Divine Seven are said to be seven magical objects that were each enchanted by a different legendary magical creature. Each has different powers with a different story behind them, and are suspected of being some of the most powerful and dangerous objects in existence. Their existence is controversial, however, and their whereabouts are unknown even if they do exist," Professor Spinster explained.