Chapter 1 - Welcome to Mondstadt

Hi author here.

A few words and I'll be out of the way. So this is the remake of my popular fanfic "My Promise." I never imagined to get so much attention from that fanfic. Do I plan to milk genshin fanfic? Probably lmao.

But, BUT please hear me out. I do have a demon slayer fanfic which is up to my standards and I'm very happy with the direction it's heading to. If you're interested then please have a read and of course if you love Shinobu- you'll love the fanfic. I hope. I think I'm probably going to do one last love live fanfic?

So for this remake it's or course going to be better I hope lol. It's going to be different compared to the My Promise fanfic, but plot is.. relatively the same?? Enemies are the same so I hope you all are excited to see Mao Song gets his ass kicked again. Anyhow- thank you all so much for the support and funny comments.

I hope this fanfic really hits the ball out of the park.

Numbers drop like flies living beyond three days. These pirates are nothing more than a bunch of insects. They outnumber us, but in quantity they lack quality.

The only thing that's been weighing me down is time and as each second goes by- my body decays much faster. I don't even feel pain anymore and my heart beat is heavily slowing down and yet more pirates show up in numbers.

They march over their dead comrades and charge at us as our quality and shine slowly dims, the fire in our bodies slowly dying away.

"Heh.. I told you I'd double the time." Yaoi has enough energy to smirk at me in a time like this. Where death is in our front door and we'll die savagely.

"You think the others will get away in time.. same goes for YeonHee. You think they'll be okay?"

"What do you think, Saiken? You think they're going to be safe? We can buy them more time so let's not give up just yet. We're still alive aren't we?"

Yeah.. we're still alive.

One last push. Hold the pirates off so the others can escape. My final act as the gang leader and together with my right hand captain, Yaoi..

If we do die together and face the judgment of God himself.. heh- he has to face us two in the after life.

"Our final stand, Yaoi. Let's fucking do this! Up high, Yao Yao!"

"Up high? Right! Up high!" Yaoi throws a katana up into the air.

I track the falling katana and calculate my moves. Using my foot work to dodge incoming attacks from the pirates and mustering whatever strength I have left to kill them off.

I throw my broken katanas at the pirates and catch the other katana Yaoi threw. I continue to dance around the field littered with weapons and kill any pirates that try to cross the bridge.

Yaoi lights up the few remaining sticks of dynamite and destroys the bridge which would be our final act. Even when the both of us are at death's door- we continue to fight and struggle.

Living on what little time we have left and pushing our bodies to the absolute limit and above.

Although.. our fangs won't reach her, ever.