Chapter One: The Cause of Betrayal

The Author

The whole plot is set back in the year 1900s to nourish a vintage atmosphere in every scene. The author also added a different signature for Melancholy Night wherein the fight and/or romantic scenes frequently take place on great heights such as on top of a building, hill, cliff, rooftop, and many other settings that are significant to an assassin's nature.

That is all the author has to say, For now, I wish you get along and relish a not-so-different backdrop of an assassin's tale.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Trace Knightley

Nasa isang madilim na bodega ako, katapusan ko na ata ito, the Thorns always knew I would betray them, they will surely execute me any minute from now, it's not only because of barging into his beloved business but the fact that he also hates me as Scott's lover. I always know he won't pledge his son to a lowly-blooded assassin. Maybe he's waiting for this moment to come, where I finally step into the light and try messing with his game.

"Do you really think I would spare your girlfriend's life after what she has done?" Nanggagalaiti ngunit mahinahon niyang saad kay Scott. Yap, I just betrayed them by leading them astray trying to find the targets, the tenants, in the woods, which is my skill called 'false tracking by the way.

Hindi ko na ipapaliwanag kung paano ko nagawa sa kanila yun, I am just one of his hitmen who is bloodily trained and I am too sick of doing the dirty work for him.

Nakatitig sa akin ang kaibigan kong si Brandon at ang iba pa, lalong lalo na ang mga mata ni Scott na mas lalong lumalalim habang tumatakbo ang oras, kalmado siya kung titingnan pero alam ko na lubos siyang nag aalala sa akin. I know he is ready to fight for me, but he's thinking of what will happen to the both of us if we make it out alive. I am sure, they will hunt us 'till death. Scott told nothing but stood calmly, he redirected his eyes from nowhere.

"She dared to betray my men, now cleanse it." The supreme Thorns concluded and left after he gave the gun to Scott. Hinihintay nilang itutok sa akin ni Scott ang baril. Scott looked at the gun and then at me. His eyes were blank at that very moment. His soul was empty.

Bryson Thorns trusts him the most more than any of his men, he is Scott's father. He was his best hitman.

Scott pulled the trigger...the deafening sound reached the edge of the woods.

At that very moment, I knew something very bad would happen, it was not to die, but to live with an empty hole in my mind for the rest of my life. I asked myself why he did not even hesitate.

The only thing I remembered that day...is that I was in a hospital, not in a patient's room, but in a morgue. I was left alone. I was too weak to shout, not to ask for help but to ask someone to bring me back to him so that he could finish me once again, to end this inevitable suffering.

I thought saving others' lives would help me change his mind, I thought saving those tenants would prompt him that it is time for us to change lives, that it is time to leave those dirty games behind that we've always dealt with...that it is time for him to run away with me and live another day where there is no blood being spilled...

Hindi nagtagal sa mga oras na yun ay may pumasok sa loob ng morgue, he was wearing a mask so I couldn't recognized him, he was tall and big, nakita agad niya ang namumutla kong katawan. Hindi ko siya mamukhaan. Lumapit siya sa akin at tiningnan ako mata sa mata.

"J---just kill me." Mahina kong sambit habang nag hihingalo na dahil sa tama ko sa aking kaliwang dibdib. My heart was barely shot.

Mukhang maraming dugo ang nawala sa akin because of that close shot. My vision became blurred hanggang sa hindi ko na alam ang mga sumunod na nangyari.

Hindi ko lubos maisip na ganito ang kahahantungan ng lahat, I thought Scott would save me...but he didn't. Minsan iniisip ko sa mga oras na yun na wala na rin namang dahilan para humingi ng tulong, wala rin naman na akong pinagkaiba sa mga patay na taong katabi ko sa morgue sa mga oras na iyon.

I never expected that this would be the cause of my betrayal, that once, it hit me back...and felt betrayed by the man whom I was fighting with.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Author

Play this music for a more heartbreaking moment. That's only if you want :)

SLANDER- Love Is Gone ft. Dylan Matthew (Loi Version)

Comment down below if you want to be dedicated to the next chapter and comment also about how you feel and what is your latest experience in your life! See you in the next chapter ladies and gents.