Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out

Start from the beginning

We headed off to Vale and went to a clothing store. They were able to repair my jacket, but it would take some time. Good thing I wore some clothing underneath. Still, all I had was a short sleeve shirt and shorts along with my belt and sword, so I felt a little naked compared to what I normally wore. She took me out to lunch, and insisted she pay since she dragged me here. I didn't have any money with me anyway so I just let her do it. 

We picked up my jacket a bit later, and I noticed she had them use yellow stitches for all the repairs to match the gauntlet. One big hole was on my chest area where my heart was, and I saw it stitched yellow as well. I blushed a little at her way of showing we were dating now. 

After we got back, she dragged me up to her room and closed the door. Apparently Tai was out on some errands, so we were alone.

Y/N: "Wait what-" She pinned me on the bed and kissed me. She started petting my ears. I just started purring happily. I never knew what that felt like. I had never let anyone this close to me.

Yang: "I always wondered if you could purr." She laughed. I barely even heard her. It felt so good I forgot that only hours ago I had been trying to run back into battle. I nuzzled into her without even noticing. "Aw, you like that?" I meowed and my tail wrapped around her leg. "I didn't know you had a soft spot like this. You're so adorable." She stopped petting me, and I finally noticed the position I was in.

Y/N: "S-sorry... I-I didn't mean to get that close-" She grabbed me by the collar and kissed me on the lips. I felt like I was wrapped around her finger. I forgot all about Salem and the responsibility I carried for a bit. I was so overwhelmed by all the emotions that were coming out. She eventually let go of me. "Yang... I-" Suddenly she froze and looked terrified. Her hand shook. "Yang?" She snapped out of it, looking much less happy all of a sudden.

Yang: "Sorry. I still get flashes. And I get nightmares from that night."

Y/N: "Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were over it." I sat up. "I wish I'd been there. I just... Wish I could have at least gotten him off you two before..." I looked at her new arm, and the gauntlet on my hand. I didn't know what to do. "Do you just... Want to sit here?"

Yang: "I don't know. But I do know that I'm ready to go back. And I want in with what you wanted to get my team in on."

Y/N: "Are you sure? You can still walk away. Once you're in, there's no going back."

Yang: "I wanted to become a huntress to help people. Isn't that what you do?"

Y/N: "It's not like that. I have to do the dirty work that no one else will. It's not fun and adventure, it's war. I look death in the eye regularly. It's not just Grimm either, it's people. Like Adam, or even worse."

Yang: "You handled it when you were a kid. You think I can't?"

Y/N: "I didn't handle it. I had to basically skip my entire childhood. When you were still dragging tiny Ruby around, I was jumping into a Grimm infested cave alone looking for a Geist."

Yang: "We killed one at Beacon. You seemed confident enough in us."

Y/N: "I had hoped you could handle it. I was off to deal with something worse. I've changed my mind about bringing in your team. I don't want anyone else to waste their lives on it." She grabbed my hand.

Yang: "And I don't want my old friend and new boyfriend to waste his."

Y/N: "I'm already too deep in. But you aren't. You can stop. You can walk away before you ever have to find out what's going on, and just have fun beating up Grimm and small-time criminals the rest of your life." She sighed and looked annoyed.

Yang: "I am tired of you setting yourself on fire because you think it'll keep the rest of us warm! I want to help. You need it now more than ever. Ozpin's dead, Goodwitch's too focused on getting Beacon rebuilt enough for the next school year. That means that unless you have more people in your little club, YOU are the only one left." 

She was right. Amber was with Glynda, Ironwood was helping at Beacon too, and even if he wasn't he had other responsibilities. Qrow was the only one who was still able to directly fight Salem and didn't have his hands tied, and we hadn't heard back from him for a while. Maybe Ozpin would be back soon. 

And here I was stuck with a girl. I would probably not be at Beacon next year if we do bring in team RWBY. They could take over for me, they were good enough. But I still didn't want them to waste it all like I did.

Y/N: "You're right. We do need help. But it doesn't have to be you. We have other people who don't have an entire life ahead of them to do it."

Yang: "I'm not letting you kill yourself on this!" She grabbed me by the collar with her eyes red.

Y/N: "We'll decide later. Tomorrow I have to get back."

Yang: "No. We are going to enjoy some time together. You want that as much as I do." I blushed.

Y/N: "How long are you proposing I stay here doing nothing?"

Yang: "A few days. Then I'm coming with you." She hugged me. I hugged back. "Now let's get some sleep, shall we?" I blushed. After we both showered and got changed, she dragged me into her bed. All I remember is her petting me until I went to sleep on her chest.

Timeskip

I heard Yang muttering something in her sleep. I woke up to see her looking distressed. She started freaking out and I had to wake her up.

Yang: "I'm sorry. I get that every night."

Y/N: "It's ok. You lost your arm. I know it hurt. But we'll get him."

Yang: "Can I... Lean on you? The rest of the night?"

Y/N: "O-ok." We switched places. She eventually fell back asleep. I sat there a little while staring at the ceiling. "I should have been there." I whispered. She stirred a little and then settled. I just held her tighter. She didn't wake up again.