Chapter 1: they met

Ashley's pov:

"Happy Birthday Ashley i cant believe your already 12 it seems like just yesterday when i brought you home from the hospital" my mom said.

"Thanks mom the cake looks good anyways you said you needed to tell me something" i said hoping that it was dad was coming back and they would get married again and we could be a family again.

"Oh yes thanks for reminding me" my mom said.

"we have a new neighbor." she told me nervous, i think she knew what i was hoping.

"WHAT I DON'T WANT A NEW NEIGHBOR!" i said as i ran in my room in disappoint.

I guess i over reacting, but i just want dad back. I don't need a new neighbor who has a mom and dad who aren't divorced, just so they can show off.

my mom came upstairs "sweetie are you ok? Why don't you just come downstairs and meet the new neighbors? You might like them they have a son your age, but just make a quick stop." she said.

"ok, mom i guess nothing bad can happen anyways" i sighed as i ran downstairs and to the neighbors house and rung the doorbell.

A boy who is about my age opened the door, well he might be a year or so older then me, maybe a grade above me but i think we could be friends. "Hi..My names Ashley, i guess your my new neighbor....I think are mom's already met" i said awkwardly, not because i was nervous, which i kind of was, i'm not good with people. To me though its just an awkward situation.

"oh yah you live right there" he starting saying, pointing to my house.

"Anyways I'm 13, well almost. How old are you?" he asked me smiling.

"12 today!" i said excitedly

"oh its your birthday? Well happy birthday" he told me smiling.

"Yah, i'm actually having a birthday party if you would like to come later by, its at 4:30 but if your aloud you can come at 4 and help me set up, if you want to" i told him.

"well maybe, i might actually be late. Gotta buy you a gift" he said chuckling.

"no, you don't have to if anything i should be giving you a welcome gift" i told him, telling the truth but also kind of wanting a gift, come on we all have a greedy side. Its just at this moment i want it to go away.

"Well your mom baked us a pie, but your getting a gift" He told me.

"No, because i wont tell you what i like so you'd rather get me nothing then something i might not like!" i said, sticking my tong out at him.

"nope, your not winning" he told me, this time he stuck his tug out.

"whatever my mom said she wanted me to make a quick stop over so i better get going" i told him waving my hand.

Later that day i was at my party opening gifts, all my friends came and it was great. "Open mine first" Someone said handing it to me, it was josh. "awh i told you you shouldn't have" i said smiling as i took it from him.

i carefully opened it to see a silver neckless with the word 'love' on it. I never really had crushes on someone but he was so sweet.

My first chapter how do you like it sorry its short ill try to up date soon

read, comment vote, thank you.

So this was my first book i finished a while ago, and im changing a bit of it i was rereading this to make small changes but ended up changing almost all of it. before when he answered the door he said 'hi my mom told me it was, so i got oyu this' and he handed her a diamond necklas and said his grandma worked at a shop or whatever and i was like 'wow really' i think i got way better and this is way longer then the other chapter before so ill be fixing up the book and all hope you enjoy!:)