chapter 15

2 months later...

"Do we really have to go?" I complain as I tuck in my black shirt. Brinley nods and statighters her black dress. I haven't worn any dresses since that night. I don't think I will ever be able to.

"Yes, we do. This is the funeral for the Alphas son, everyone has to go." We walk down stairs and George is already in the car.

The drive to the funeral was quick and I freeze when I see the post-mortem photo placed in front of the white building.

My breathing becomes heavy and I growl when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Brin yanks her hand back and stares at me with widen eyes. "Sorry," I mumbles before looking away and stare at my shoes.

We sit down in the back of the room and watch as people, crying and emotionless, fill the room. "George," A man, who I take is the Alpha based on all the power I'm getting from his figure, says. George stands up and shakes his hand.

"Samuel," He greets back. Sam's eyes drift to brinley and I. "You look just like your mother," He says to me and I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

And you look just like your monster of a son.

"Im Alpha Smithsons," He says as he extends his hand buy I just turn away and look elsewhere.

Samuel growls but George places a hand in his shoulder. "She was raped a couple months ago," He growls lowly and Sam nods his head in understanding.

A elderly man walks up to the microphone and clears his throat. "Sorry about your son," George says before Alpha Smithsons walks away, grunting his response in the process.

"Sander Smithsons was known by many. He was a son, a friend, a brother. He was a person of trust when it came to one's personal life." A laugh escapes my lips but I quickly cover it as a laugh.

George glares at me, along with several other people, and Brinley elbows me in the sides.

The man continues. "Sanders was such a young soul, its unfair. He had just turned nineteen and was on his way if becoming Alpha when his life was stolen from him."

The audience sits up straighter at the news that 'beloved' Sander Smithsons was murdered while I remain slouched in the really uncomfortable chair.

Samuel strides towards the microphone and clears his throat. "Two months ago, my son was brutally murdered at a party. It took over a month to give a positive identification because of the....Condition his body was in."

I roll my eyes and turn my head towards the window. It wasn't that bad. Sure, his arms, legs, and head were yanked off, but- oh! And his dick was shoved down his throat along with all his fingers up his ass, but it wasn't that bad.

"There was no scent in the room besides his so I have reasons to believe that whoever killed Sanders has slaughtered before." He growls. Wow, im flattered.

Alpha Smithsons continues talking but I zone out. Brinley nudges my shoulder. "Hmm?"

"Ceremony is over, let's go." I nod my head and we make for the SUV.

I wonder how long it will take Brinley and Derick to figure out who the man I killed is.

We pull into the garage and George grabs my shoulder. "Brinley, I need to talk to your sister. Go to your room and start your homework for tomorrow." He instructs and she quickly does so, shutting the door behind her.

I yank away from him and cross my arms over my chest. "What?"

George gives me a stern look. "You showed very little respect at the ceremony. Why is that?"

Seems like someone's putting the puzzle together. I shrug. "Didn't know the guy, so why should I mourn his death?"

We stand in silence and after several minutes, I turn towards the door. "Right, well if that's all you know where to find me."

I'm just about to leave the garage when he clears his throat. I glance back at him with a questionable look. "He did it, didn't he?"

I give him a confused look even though I know exactly what he's talking about. "Did what?" His eyes harden.

"You know exactly I'm talking about." He growls. "He did it to you." I close my eyes to stop my tears from falling before opening them once more.

"He did," my voice sounds much stronger than how I feel. "That's why he's dead." I say with a shrug.

Like father like daughter, right?

I quickly walk up to my room before he can say anything else. "What did the asshole want?" Brinley asks curiously as I shut the door.

I shrug and plop myself onto the bed. "He just lectured me about showing more respect to people other than myself." And more...

"Oh," She says as I roll over and face the wall. "When have you last talked to Derick?" She asks as I begin to drift asleep.

"Like, two days ago. Why?" I ask tiredly.

"Nevermind, get some sleep." Brinley replies. Happily....

****
His hands are all over me. I try to scream but nothing comes out. "You stupid bitch." He growls as he grabs a fistful of my hair.

"You didn't think you could rid of me that easy, did you?" His hand wonders down my shirt and tears begin to silently fall.

His hand gets to the beginning of my pants and he Rios them off. "No! Please no!" I cry as my body suddenly becomes stiff at his touch.

He laughs. "Let's finish where we left off, eh?" I shake my head repeatedly.

"Please..." I cry one last time as the monster who will continue to haunt my dreams laughs evily as he yanks my underwear off and positions himself.

****

My eyes shoot open and I stare at the wall. It was just a dream, you killed him. I repeat to myself.

I wipe my eyes and realize I've been crying in my sleep. Great.

My phone lights up, signaling I have new notification.