Chapter 4

The cup slips from my hand and shatters everywhere in the sink. Why? What the fuck have I done wrong to make this day become worse and worse?!

Selena stands at the door still frozen. "Well, aren't you going to invite me in?" George says. She moves out of the way and he slips past her. "Good girl." Ah hell no.

"She's not a dog fucktard, so don't treat her like it." I shout before I can help it. I may not like Selena but I definitely don't like this George guy.

Selena shuts the door and they both turn towards my direction. George smirks before turning back to Selena. "She's not a very sweet one, is she?" He takes his leather coat off and throws it on the couch. "I went to the diner she works at, and personally I have never felt so attacked." He says dramatically.

Mom opened her legs to that? I check the time, 2:49. "I-I'm going to bed. I have school tomorrow." I say, not wanting to be in the same room as both of them.

"Did I say you were dismissed?" Selena snaps. George turns around and smacks her, causing her to fall to the ground because of how much force he used. I gasp and push myself to rush to her side, even though my body is screaming in pain.

"Selena, are you okay?" I ask as I help her up. She is to stunned to talk. I push her behind me and hold onto her hand and turn around to face George.

"I don't give a fuck if you are my dad." My hands begin to shake out of anger. "I don't give a fuck if you are a known murderer," I stand up straighter then I ever have and point my finger at him. "You don't ever hit my mother." I glare at him and he smirks.

"How do you have respect for this woman? She beats the shit out of you but when she gets a taste of it herself, you stand up for her." He crosses his arms and tilts his head. "Why is that?"

I shake my head. Before I can say anything, Selena pushes me to the ground and I twist my ankle. "I don't need you to stand up for me, you stupid bitch." I bite my tong to stop from screaming in pain.

I close my eyes and bring my fist to my mouth to stop myself from screaming, both at Selena, for being such a bitch after I defended her, and to stop from screaming in pain over my ankle.

I stand up painfully and balance all my weight onto my good ankle. I take a deep breathe and face Selena. "You're right, and it will never happen again." I walk, more like wobble, to my room and slam the door.

Once the door is shut, tears start silently falling down my face. That bitch! I stood up for her and she does this?! For once, I thought that if I stood up for her, she'd treat me like an actual daughter and not some piece of shit.

I shake my head, how the hell could I have been so stupid? 'Maybe she'll change?' Yeah right! She'll never change, and shit keeps hitting the fan ever since George showed up!

I sit down on my bed and carefully remove my shoes. My ankle should be almost completely healed by tomorrow and everything else will only be bruised on my eye and a few spots in my abdomen.

Why do I even try to do anything anymore? And with that thought, I fall asleep.

Beep beep beep

I quickly shut my alarm off and sit up. Maybe it was all a dream! I jump out of bed and quickly get dressed. Maybe George Barber isn't my father, maybe it was just a really fucked up dream! I quickly brush my hair and put it in a ponytail.

I quickly rush to the bathroom and brush my teeth, and wash my face. I apply liquid foundation to my face to hide my forehead that has a bunch of small annoying zits that never seem to go away. I take a deep breathe and look into the mirror, I freeze.