Chapter 25

As the Demon King rose from his kneeling position, I looked at him. He seemed much less intimidating than his beast form. The menacing king clenched his fist as he looked at Ghirahim. "Welcome back to us, master." Ghirahim spat the last word in disgust, as the demon king looked at him scowling. It was like he knew about Ghirahim knowing the truth about love now and how I loved him. He started to chuckle, I wanted to stand in front of Ghirahim to protect him but I didn't want end up hurting him more. "How precious, my little sword has fallen in love with the goddess's pet, her chosen knight..." "You told me love didn't exist! You told me that-" A unknown force silenced him as Demise shouted. "Don't interrupt me!" He lifted Ghirahim up into the air and pointed at him, looking at me.

"So.... You love this nothing? I did everything make sure he didn't what love or care was and you've ruined that! Whether you love him or not and whether he loves you back or not, he is still nothing. Nothing but a weapon for me to use to stomp pests like you. You will not take him from me, he is bound to me! He belongs to me! I own his body and soul!" Ghirahim's core gem was vulnerable and started to glow as he screamed in agony. It only increased in volume as that same jagged sword was being pulled from his core gem. He went still and quiet, dropping to the ground like a bag of sand as Demise inspected his sword as it flew into his hand.

I cautiously ran to Ghirahim, his form was lifeless, his were open but there was no life in them. "Ghirahim?" I asked quietly as his body started to glow an orange light and he slowly began to fade away into Demise's blade. I withdrew my own blade with a growl, I didn't how I was going to this but I was doing it. For Ghirahim and Zelda.

Demise looked up at Zelda who was still floating above us unconsciously before he spoke lowly. "The goddess lowered herself to a mortal existence to keep me imprisoned. How pathetic. This bag of flesh pales is nothing in comparison to the magnificence of her previous form." Demise swung his sword sending a powerful gust of wind at Zelda, sending flying to the walls. I gasped about to start to running, knowing I would be unable to stop her body from smashing into one of the walls of the pit but maybe I could make it, I heard a shout. "Don't worry Link! Groose has got this!" Groose was running down the spiral at top speed and I gasped able to see through the dust that Groose had Zelda in his arms. "Hmm... so you and this other human would stand before death to aid the goddess, would you?" I scowled at him. "I'd do anything for my sister! Anything to protect her!"

He chuckled. "The goddess was smart to have her own family as her chosen knight but it was not enough to save her. I'd never imagined I'd meet one of your kind who wished to challenge me in battle. But very well, I shall prepare a place where we will not be bothered by distractions. If you still have the courage to face me, meet me there. If you fear for your life, do not follow me. You can spend what little time your world has left cowering as befits your kind. But if you truly desire to raise your blade to the world built then come for me. I've waited eons to return, I can spare a few more minutes to let you decide." With that, Demise vanished into the swirling portal of black energy.

********
I was in a endless large room where the sun shone brightly and the floor was made of water and clouds. He turned to me when he sensed my presence.  "Ah, so you've decided to meet your end in battle after all. It pleases me greatly to see such misplaced valor. Take a moment to appreciate your surroundings, for where we stand shall serve as your tomb for eternity..." I looked around the room as Denise continued to talk but I wasn't listening. "No, you're wrong. I'm not going to fall here, I'm going to defeat you and I'm going to save my sister and take Ghirahim back with me!" So eager to get to it, I see. Very well..." The sky began to darken, the sun disappearing into oblivion. "I have to wonder how long you'll remain standing before I take your life. Try and keep it interesting for me, would you?"

He smirked as the fight begun.

***********
A roar of pain ripped itself from between the Demon King's jaws as I plunged the Master Sword into the center of his chest. I withdrew my sword and watched the sword in Demise's hand began to glow and Ghirahim appeared before me smiling. He looked just as he did when I first met him. "Ghirahim." He ran towards me and lifted me up. "You did it, Skychild! You did it." I laughed as he put me down and we turned to Demise. Clutching his wound, Demise got to his feet. He growled, going to grab his blade to find it not there. Demise began to rant but we didn't listen. He turned into black cloud of smoke which absorbed into my blade when I held it up.

Suddenly the surroundings changed and we were back inside the Sealed temple. Ghirahim held onto me as the surroundings changed which earned me a very confused look from Groose as he came into view. "Wh-what are you doing? I thought he was the one that..." I held my hands out in defence. "He is, but it's kinda a long story. You ok, Zelds?" I smiled at my sister looking much better than she was in the pit. "Yeah, I'm good, just super confused about this." She waved her hands at me and Ghirahim. I chuckled. "Would you object if I told I kinda liked him?" I winked, she giggled. "No, I'm just glad you're okay and if he makes you happy, he makes you happy. That's all I care about brother dearest."

I smiled as I heard Ghirahim begin to stutter. "You forgot she was my sister didn't you?" I asked him, he nodded pressing his lips in a thin line. "Sort of." I smiled at and kissed his cheek. "Now all I'm thinking is how Robert's gonna take all this." "Not lightly." Zelda smiled as I rolled my eyes. Fi popped out beside us and smiled at Zelda. "Hylia, Your Grace, or perhaps you prefer Zelda? It pleases me to know you are safe." She smiled. "Hello Fi, thanks for helping my brother not lose his way." Ghirahim cleared his throat and everyone turned to look at him.

"I am deeply sorry for everything. I was under some false pretences and beliefs with Denise." He winked at me as I was the only one who knew what he was talking about. I smiled and slid my hand into his, proud of him for apologising. "It's over...Finally..... it's all over...." Zelda said to us.

**********
Saying goodbye to Fi was more emotional than I imagined it to be. I smiled as she slipped into the blade for the final time after her final goodbye. Impa was speaking gently to Zelda who seemed distressed about something as Ghirahim and I walked towards them. Zelda frowned, deeply saddened by the fact that she may never see Impa again. She slipped one of the decorative bracelets off of her wrists, holding it out for the Impa to accept.

She smiled and brought her hands to cup Zelda's holding the bracelet before speaking softly to the girl, "Do not despair, Zelda. You and I will surely meet again someday." With that she brought her hands down, accepting the bracelet from the reborn goddess. Impa turned towards the gate and opened it before turning back to the rest of us, "You should return to your own time, I will take care of the gate from here."

Once we all reached the other side of the gate it shimmered quickly before disappearing.

As we emerged back in the present, they turned to see the gate of time take on a bright glow before dissolving into thin air. A figure stood behind it, smiling softly at the us. Zelda and Ghirahim walked slowly behind as Groose and I rushed forward to greet the old woman. "See? I told you we'd meet again." The old woman spoke softly and slowly before the old woman slowly started to fall backwards and then disappeared in the same white light that the Gate of Time had vanished in. Much to Groose's dismay as he dropped down to his knees and I bowed his head in silence.

The bracelet hit the ground, bouncing with a light clink that echoed around the now silent room.

Zelda gasped softly, staring at the spot where the old woman had been before closing her eyes and bringing her hands up to her chest.

"Impa... thank you. Thank you for everything."