Chapter 6

Entering Faron Woods was strange. There was such a long path that led further into the woods which I followed until I saw two more of the enemies that were pestering Gorko but they were pestering another creature now who was curled up in fear. I defeated the enemies and walked over to the small creature to check if they were ok. "Huh....? It's gone quiet." They stood up and looked at me before shrieking. "Kwee-koo! Now there's a green one! I didn't even know they came in green! Don't hurt me, koo-weep!" It ran away up a slope, I furrowed my eyebrows and followed it until I saw it in a new deeply wooded area. According to Fi who spoke to me while following the creature, she told me it was something called a Kikwi. A species of creature that inhabited the forest. I followed where the Kikwi ran off to and as soon as it saw it shrieked and ran off.

I sighed and followed it again until I noticed it behind a tree. "It spotted me again! Kweeee!" It laid on the ground and stayed still for a few seconds before it look up at me confused. "Huh? You don't want to...eat me? Kwee.And come to think of I, why did you fight off all those red monsters?" It got up and smiled. "I'm Machi. I'm a Kikwi. You seem OK even though you're scary. Thanks for helping me!" I smiled at Machi, staying calm. "That's Ok, no worries." He nodded. "That's weird. A little while ago I ran into another funny animal like you, but that one was a girl." I knew he was talking about Zelda but I decided to play it cool cause I didn't want him to run off again. "Who?" I asked as he spoke again. "I don't know who she was, but she seemed to be in big trouble when I saw her. She a friend of yours, kwee?" I nodded as he continued. "A pack of those mean red guys were after, kwee, but she escaped with Kikwi elder." Fi popped out and Machi shrieked.

"Master, we have obtained new information on Zelda's current status. This information indicates that she was assailed by monsters but somehow evaded capture. However, I infer that she is still in significant danger." I nodded. "Ok Fi, but you're scaring him could go back into the sword." She nodded. "As you wish, Master." Machi got back up as he hid in the ground again when Fi appeared. "You really spoke me, kwee..... You keep some very strange company friend. It sounds like you're set on finding your friend and the elder. If you're heading that way anyway would mind telling our elder that I'm safe? Cheer up, koo-weep! I bet your friend is safe with our elder." That did make me relived but I wasn't keep my hopes probability is she isn't there but worth a try.

I made my way through the forest until I found a large Kikwi who I'm assuming was the elder I made my way across the gap and saw he was sleeping? He got up and looked down at me, he was a big guy. "I am Bucha, the Kikwi elder. I saw the way you spotted me through my ingenious camouflage. You are clearly a master woodsman." I furrowed my eyebrows and asked him about other Kikwi I had run into. "What? You say you've met some of my people? So Machi is safe eh?" I nodded. "Ahhh, but the monsters! They are still lurking in forest. I dare leave this spot." I looked up at him. "Was a girl who looked kinda like me with you?" I asked as he nodded. "Ah, yes. The girl with golden hair, she was with me. So you're looking for one of your lost people as well?" I nodded. "Hmm, well now is not the time for such talk. The forest is full of monsters, and I am worried about my missing tribe. The shock and worry has made my memory of the girl quite hazy..."

This guy was going to be jerk and make go look for his tribe before telling anything about Zelda isn't he? "Three Kikwis are still unaccounted for. Could I ask you to search for them and make sure they are safe?" Yep, he was going to be jerk about it. I told him fine, I'd look for his tribe if he promises to tell where Zelda went because I'm just as much worried about as he is his tribe. No, I'm actually more worried cause his tribe is still in the forest being teased by a few monsters. I don't know what dangers my poor sister is facing anywhere. I searched all around the forest and found the rest of his tribe before going back to the Kiwi elder. "So all my fellow Kikwis are well. And they want me to stop worrying? Aha, excellent! They know me too well. You have a real talent for finding whatever is missing. I don't know who you are or where you come from, but you have my thanks. I feel much less worried now! I believe I just remembered where that young lady went!" He smiled.

I nodded, ready to hear Zelda's whereabouts and go there. "That young girl...Zelda-was that her name? Yes...it's all coming back to me. She said she had to travel to the temple deep within these woods. Oho! I tried to warn her about how dangerous it was there, but the clever little thing vaulted off my belly and ran off on her own just the same." He turned to look at the temple ahead. "I think she headed down that way toward the temple, kwee.... but be sure to take great care if you follow her. That area is crawling with monsters. Oho! I almost forgot, kwee! As a reward for finding all my fellow Kikwis, I will give you a precious Kikwi heirloom. Let me just fetch it for you right now, kwee. Pardon me a moment..." He collapsed on the ground, narrowly avoiding squashing me. He opened the leaf on his back that all the Kikwi have and there was an item there. I climbed up on to him and noticed the item was a slingshot. I grabbed the item and slide off Bucha's back as he got up.

"With that slingshot, kwee, you should be able to find a path into the Deep Woods where that temple is." He pointed to a tree opposite us and looked towards a vine hanging from the tree. "To start, why not try shooting that curled up vine over there? Now go find that girl! I'll be rooting for you. Kwee heh heh." I nodded, doing what he said and making my way towards the Deep Woods.

????? POV

I watched as the boy dressed in green started to enter the Deep Woods, he was....cute. To say the least, I know I'm not meant to think and he probably won't think it of me either but I think I can sway him one way or another. I thought as I disappeared ahead of the boy towards the temple where she was.