ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛy-ғᴏᴜʀ

Start from the beginning

When Eliora's brown eyes met Leia's, reality crashed down. She did not acknowledge her before, but the General was sitting in the corner of the room on a chair which she had probably brought into the room earlier. The General sadly smiled at the girl and Eliora wanted to smile back, she really wanted to, but the reality came before she could smile.

And in that moment Eliora wanted nothing more than to be unconscious again and forget about everything that had happened. In that moment she almost wanted to be back on Tatooine living her unproblematic and casual life. Luckily only almost- luckily it had only been a stupid thought. Eliora's place was with the resistance and she knew that more than anything.

And most importantly the boy laying on her bed, wasn't hers. They weren't together. Eliora was caught up in the moment almost forgetting about that fact. They had kissed each other, Poe had carried her, but to Eliora everything still seemed fake. The fact that someone like Poe Dameron could actually like her still seemed oblivious to her. She did not want to sink into self- consciousness, but she was talking about the Poe Dameron, who the whole base has a crush on.

Eliora

Her thoughts were quickly interrupted by Leia Organa, who looked at her with raised eyebrows and a scolding expression on her face. Did she know what Eliora had thought about? Impossible. "What?", Eliora questioned carefully, not wanting to overstep. Leia sighed loudly, before she spoke again. "He was with you the whole time." Eliora squinted her eyebrows. "How long-"

"Only a few hours, no worries.", Leia smiled sadly at Eliora. "But he was here every single second of it." The General had to hold back a laugh when she heard the now getting louder sound of his snoring. Eliora herself almost burst out laughing. Or crying because it was cute. Either way, they were both thinking the same. "He even sent Beebe around to keep him updated about the newest news on base, because he did not want to leave your side."

Eliora laughed at that. It sounded too much like Poe. Then there was silence, but it wasn't good bad silence. The silence was a way to say that Leia Organa was there for Eliora. No matter what had happened or what would happen. And Eliora, despite the sting in her heart coming from what had happened, understood it.

"How'a Han? How's Finn?", the brunette girl interrupted the silence. Leia nodded her head. "They're doing better. Still not conscious, but they are both getting bacta treatment and should awaken in the next few days." Eliora sighed out in relief. "Thank the force." Leia agreed. "Yes, thank the force."

Eliora looked down at her bandaged leg, which she had not noticed before. It was laying over her blanket and there was no more blood leaking. It did not hurt any more. Eliora guessed that they had used bacta to heal it- and it had worked. "The leg's perfectly fine again. You're lucky you kept consciousness so long, or else you would be like Han or Finn right now.", Leia stated. "The meds' said it was nothing more to worry about, even tho Poe freaked out quite a bit." Leia laughed. "Screaming at the whole medical team to move faster or else he would let them get fired- as if that was even possible in the resistance.", she mumbled under her breath. Eliora gasped.

"He did not say that."

"He did."

She hid her face into her hands. This was embarrassing.

But cute. Pretty damn cute.

The silence that followed, in contrary, was more awkward. Both of them knew what had to be discussed, what had to be said, but Leia waited a few more seconds gathering her thoughts, before she began. Meanwhile, Eliora listened to the steady beeping from the heart monitor and to Poe's snoring.

"I'm sorry.", was the first thing Leia said. She had never been good with apologizing to people she did not stand or did not like, but with people she loved, it had always been the easiest thing in the galaxy. The word's slipped out of her mouth so easily. And Eliora knew that Leia meant the words.