"You lost your appetite?" Klaus commented. 

"Eat," Damon told his little brother, "I thought we agreed that we would leave grumpy Stefan at home."

Stefan grabbed a fork making Klaus smile mockingly at him, "That's the spirit. Isn't this nice? The five of us dining together." He said placing his hand on Tessa's knee. 

Elijah frowned at the movement while the Salvatore brothers were oblivious to the action. Tessa felt sparks on her knee where the hybrid's hand lay and looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Is that what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of my brother?" He continued after giving Tessa a smirk.

"Well, I know how he felt about you. So I figured the more the merrier," Damon smirked winking at the older original. 

"Elijah and I have had our share if quarrels over the centuries, but we always make it through," Klaus commented glancing at his brother.

"Kind of like you and Rebekah, right," Stefan said. "Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her."

 "If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah," Klaus smirked.

"Hey Stef, remember when you killed dad?" Damon said slightly glaring at his brother making Tessa try to suppress a giggle. Which did not go unnoticed by the four vampires, making them smile softly. "Might want to dial down the judgement till dessert."

"We're here to make a deal, Damon," Stefan retorted. "Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses."

"I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us, pace yourself."

"Girls, girls," Tessa sighed and rolled her eyes, "You're all pretty. Now stop acting like seven year old kids."

"Stefan," Elijah said after smiling at Tessa. "Where is the lovely Elena tonight?"

"I don't know, ask Damon," Stefan said making the brunette roll her eyes.

"I'm sorry, you missed so much. Uh-, trouble in paradise," Klaus laughed. 

"One more word about Lena and this dinner is over," Tessa warned. She didn't like that her best friend was stringing the two vampires along. She knew she would eventually hurt one of them and Tessa cared to much about them to see either of them hurt. But she was still her best friend, and she knew she could never stay angry at the Gilbert girl. 

"Hey, you know what? Probably best just to keep Elena in the do not discuss pile," Damon said. 

"It's just that the allure of the Petrova doppelganger is still so strong," Klaus said. "What do you say brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?"

"Now, why should we discuss matter long since resolved," Elijah said. 

"Given their shared affections for both Elena and Katerina, our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line."

"Well, I want to know," Tessa said placing her elbows on the table and resting her face on her intertwined fingers. She was getting bored out of her mind and this was the least bit of gossip she could get. Don't blame her, she was still a teenage girl with an unexplainable love for drama. 

"We're not going anywhere, Elijah. Please, do tell," Damon said smirking at the now eager and interested Tessa.

"Come on, Lijah," Tessa said pouting her lips and looking at him innocently. "I spent the last few months fighting demons and trying not to die. I deserve some good vampy gossip."

Klaus smiled at the brunette fondly as the Salvatore brothers looked at her with adoration in their eyes. 

Smiling at the pouting half-angel, Elijah sighed, "When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man. None loved her more than Niklaus."

"Oh, I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much," Klaus said making Tessa gape at him. 

"You," she pointed at Elijah and then Klaus, "both loved the same girl?"

"Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us so for a time Niklaus and I grew estranged. Harsh words were traded, we even came to blows, didn't we brother?"

"Ew that's- that's disgusting. You don't just feed your children a girl's blood cause she loves your sons," Tessa fake gagged making the Mikaelsons chuckle.

"But in the end, we recongnized the sacred bond of family."

"Family above all," Elijah raised his glass.

"Family above all."