Chapter 34

"Dad?" Tessa's eyes were wide and she was frozen. She couldn't move. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't run into her father's arms. 

Her father. Her dead father. Her dead father was standing in front of her with Klaus' hands wrapped around his throat. 

The original hybrid loosened his grip and slowly let the man go as he saw the look on his girlfriend's face. 

"Theresa?"

She didn't flinch. She did not flinch. Her name did not sound disgusting in her father's mouth. It sounded beautiful and innocent and loving and gentle and everything it never was. 

"Daddy?" Her voice broke. 

"Theresa." This time his voice was ever softer, if it was ever possible.

He walked towards her with slow steps not wanting her to run. "Baby? It's me."

She wanted to open her mouth and say something, but as she did, her voice got stuck in her throat and all she could do was stare.

And then she broke. Her knees met the ground and her body crumbled. The tears she tried her very hardest to hold back escaped and she choked back her sob. 

James ran towards her and got on his knees. His daughter was here. She was right in front of him. 

"Theresa. Oh my Theresa." He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him. "Oh my baby."

Tears were running down his face as well. He held onto her tightly as she sobbed in his chest.

He was there. Her father was there. 

A/N - I know this is a VERY small chapter. I'm so sorry, I'll update tonight again. I'm sorry for updating so late, I just needed some time to focus on my mental health. xoxo.