The Night Before

Friday: The day before the concert
-Jakes POV-

Me and the music club were at the back of a huge high school. Not the one we attended but one of the competitors stomping grounds. Their auditorium had doors behind the stage that led to a parking lot, which is where me and my friends were standing.

[Im about to try and explain the layout of this building, you can try and read if you want but hopefully the picture helps]

We opened the gray doors and were met with a semi long hallway in front of us. On the hallways right were a couple practice rooms made of glass and vanity's along the walls everywhere. At the end of the hallways left was an entrance to the stage. Therefore behind the stage and the rest of the hall way we're just a bunch of tables and changing rooms.

 Therefore behind the stage and the rest of the hall way we're just a bunch of tables and changing rooms

[The circles everywhere are vanities]

A nice young lady welcomed us in. If I had to guess she looked like one of the drama teachers at this school. There were other bands everywhere too. They're probably doing the same thing we are.

The place was very modern and relaxing. It wasn't that small which made it easier trying to maneuver through all the other groups.

~

It was about 6:30pm now and all the other bands were leaving, and so was mine. I had to do something before I left though so I told the others before they walked out the door. "Hey! You guys go to the car! I'll meet you there!"

They all agreed and continued exiting the school. I walked around a bit looking for that woman who greeted us in. A few seconds into my search until i found the frazzled teacher.

"Umm excuse me miss..?" I said slowly walking up behind her and tapping her shoulder. "Oh!" She jumped a bit and turned around. "Yes young man?"

"I wanted to bring a friend backstage with me tomorrow and needed a pass for them. Do you know where I can find one?" I ask her and she complied.

"Ahh yes! The back stage pass, right this way!" She led me to an office in which I could only assume was hers. She sat down in her seat and got out a pass from one of her desk draws. "Please sit for a moment dear!"

I shrugged and sat across from her in a comfy sofa chair. As I bounced a little in the chair trying to amuse myself, she whipped out a clean black sharpie and asked me this. "What is your friends name sir?"

"Oh his name is Drew!" I replied looking up with a smile. She smiled back and wrote his name on the pass. "And yours?" The lady asked me. "I'm Jake." I answered friendly as she also wrote down my name. After she did so and picked it up and handed it to me.