Ch. 31 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS

Start from the beginning

"It still might not be him..." Liam said and Avalon comfortingly grabbed his shoulder and shook her head slightly making him sigh softly, "...But, Hayden's at the school looking." He said. "I can keep checking the woods." Malia suggested and before anyone could say anything Scott walked into the kitchen.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county." Scott said making everyone turn to face him, looking surprised and relieved that he's healed and seemingly fine. "We can find him." He said as he walked up to the table, "What happens then?" Liam asked. "We figure out a way to save him." Scott said making Liam smile softly and nod.

"Okay. Where else could we look?" Lydia asked and Scott shrugged slightly, "Let's ask Corey." He said making them look at him confused until he reached out and grab Corey by the shirt making him become visible. "Wait! Wait! It's not my fault! They took him, and I couldn't do anything. They took him!" Corey said frantically making Scott furrow his brows, "Who?" He asked and Corey sighed.

"The Dread Doctors."

🌒

Scott, Avalon and Liam walk down the hallway toward the locker room as they talk, "How stupid are we to be doing this?" Liam asked. "We're not stupid. We're desperate." Scott said making Avalon raise her brows, "How desperate?" She asked as they walked up to the door of the locker room.

"Incredibly desperate." He said before walking into the room where they find Theo and Tracy waiting for them. Theo looks smug at the fact that they've been forced to come to him. "I told you we'd end up on the same side." Theo said and Liam smiles at him fakely, "How about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?" Liam asked making Theo laugh.

"I love this kid." He said and Tracy rolled her eyes, "I don't." She said and Avalon raised her eyebrows. "Sweetheart, the important people are talking, your voice shouldn't be heard." Avalon said, smirking when Tracy glared at her. "We know you're not on our side, Theo. You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, didn't you?" Scott asked and Theo raised his brows, "You mean the mask? Are you worried about that?" He asked.

"Did you put it on?" Avalon asked and when Theo didn't answer she nodded and glanced at Scott, "I'm pretty sure silence means yes." She said. "Who did you see?" Scott asked and Theo shrugged slightly, "Not Mason." He said making them look at him confused.

"What does that mean? It's not him?" Liam asked and Tracy smirked at them, "It probably means he's a lost cause." She said making Avalon cock an eyebrow at her while crossing her arms over her chest. "Hey lizard freak? I'm about to replace your scales with burn scars if you don't shut your mouth." Avalon snapped making Tracy look at her, almost daring her but Theo quickly spoke up before anything could happen.

"We all want the same thing. We want Mason back." Theo said and Scott shook his head slightly, "Okay, but the difference is that we want him back alive." He said and Theo shrugged slightly. "Well, I'm open to compromise. You still got the map with the telluric currents on it?" He asked and Scott looked at him slightly confused, "Bring it to the operating theater in two hours." Theo said.

🌘

Theo stood alone in front of the now-empty tank where a body was previously held in green fluid as Avalon, Scott and Liam join him. "They called him Der Soldat." Theo said and Avalon furrowed her brows slightly, "German for The Soldier." She said and he nodded.

"I'm pretty sure he fought in World War II." He said as he turned to them, "He probably was a Nazi then." Avalon said he nodded. "And an Alpha werewolf. The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives. They've been doing it for decades. Actually, probably longer." Theo explained making Liam furrow his brows, "How old are these guys?" He asked and Theo shrugged.