Thirty-Three

Danielle

"Betty looks happy holding her." I whispered to Stefania as we watched our daughter holding and talking to her new little sister from across the nursery.
"Bambina, we have to-" Stefania turned to me.
"I know. I was thinking it to. Do you think we can do it?"
"Of course bambina. We can do anything as long as we have each other." She reached down and grabbed my hand.
"We should talk to Betty first. Make sure that it's okay with her." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.
"Look at her. She's completely in love with that little girl." Stefania smiled at them.

Betty

"I'm sorry about our Mom. But I'll make sure you're safe now, okay?" I whispered to my new baby sister.
"Betty? Can we talk to you for a minute?" Danielle asked as she walked up.
"What's up?" I asked, not looking away from my baby sister.
"How would you feel if we brought your little sister home with us?"
"Wait, really?" I looked up with a huge smile on my face.
"Sì. The social worker had called us after your biological mother passed away, because we have you. She asked if we would consider adopting your sister as well." Stefania reached over and took my hand in hers.
"And we're doing it? You're adopting her?" I asked.
"Looks like you're not an only child anymore kid." Danielle smiled and kissed the top of my head.

Danielle
Three days later

"The baby's crying." Stefania muttered into her pillow.
"I know. I'm up." I groaned as I got out of bed.
"Grazie bambina." She yawned and turned over in bed.

I walked out of the bedroom, and went to Aurora's nursery.
"I'm coming baby." I mumbled as I walked into the nursery.
"I got her Mom. You can go back to sleep." Betty was standing in the nursery rocking Aurora as she placed a bottle in her mouth.
"You don't have to kid. I know you're tired." I gave her a sleepy smile.
"Yeah but you and Mamma have been up since we brought her home two days ago. You two haven't even slept. Let me take care of her tonight. We'll be fine."
"You're the best big sister ever. But don't you have work in the morning?"
"Mom, it's already six am. I'm already dressed for work. Just let me get her back to sleep and then I'll leave for work. I'll let you know when I leave so you can listen for her. I got Rory."
"Rory. I like that. I love you kiddo." I kissed the top of her head and went back into my bedroom.

"That was quick." Stefania said as I got back in bed.
"Betty said she'd put Rory back to sleep. She's gonna leave for work after." I cuddled up to my fiancé and wrapped my arms around her.
"Rory?" Stefania rolled and faced me.
"Betty has started calling her Rory. I think it's cute." I yawned as I closed my eyes.
"I love you bella."
"I love you most Stef."

Betty

I walked onto set drinking my coffee. A newborn in the household has been exhausting for all three of us. If I'm this tired, I could only imagine how Moms were feeling.

"Betty! Congrats on becoming a big sister! How are your Moms doing?" Krista asked as she walked up.
"Hey Krista. They're good. I don't think any of us realized how exhausting a newborn was." I chuckled.
"I understand. I have some news. We finally found a new love interest for your character!"
"Awesome! Who is it?"

"Hey B. How's it going?"
I turned and saw Kaya standing behind me with a huge smile on her face.
"Kaya? You're my new love interest?"
"Surprise. I wanted to call and tell you, but I figured it'd be best if Krista told you."
"This is awesome. I'm so happy for you." I smiled and gave her a hug.
"Betty, will you catch her up on everything that's happened to Marissa? Table read is in an hour."
"Will do. Thanks Krista!" I waved as she walked off.

"So. Looks like we'll be spending a lot of time together." Kaya smiled at me.
"Yep. Looks like it." I laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of my neck.
"I've been meaning to call you. I miss you. I know we've only hung out once at your birthday party, but I'd like to hang out with you more."
"How about I ask my Moms if you can come over tonight for dinner? I was planning on cooking anyway. They're exhausted from taking care of my new baby sister."
"One of your Moms had a baby?" She questioned.
"Ah, not exactly. I'll explain more later. Besides, I think Jaina and Barrett are coming over tonight too. We can have a family dinner."
"Family dinner. I'd like that."

Danielle

"Stefania! We need you in the nursery!" I shouted.
"What's wrong bambina?" Stefania asked as she walked in.
"Rory needs her diaper changed." I held the newborn up with a panicked look on my face.
"Okay? Do you not know how to change a diaper?" Stefania teased.
"Stef. She stinks. It's a bad one. I can't do it." I shook my head back and forth.
"Silly Mommy is scared of a little poop. Come here la mia bambina." Stefania cooed as she took the baby from me.
"Oh thank God. Mamma came to the rescue." I went to walk out of the room.
"Aht! You're going to stay in here and watch me. You need to learn to clean up her poopy diapers bella."

I watched Stefania change Rory's diaper, as if she had been doing it for years.
"You're a natural." I smiled at my fiancé and kissed her cheek.
"I've changed quiet a few diapers bambina."
"No, I mean you're a natural at all this. You do everything so perfectly, like you've been doing this for years. You were meant to be a Mamma."
"Grazie bambina. I learned it all from watching my Mamma." Stefania smiled sadly and picked Rory up, holding her closely to her chest.
"I just wish she was here to meet our babies." A tear ran down Stefania's face as she sniffled.

"I know babe. But she's looking down on you. And I know she's so, so proud of you." I wiped the tears away with my thumbs and cupped her face.
"I love you Danielle."
"And I love you Stefania."

My phone rang, "Betty." I told Stefania as I answered it.
"Hey Kiddo, what's up?"
"Hey Mom. Can Kaya come over for dinner tonight? I know Tìa and Auntie were supposed to come over too. And I know how tired you and Mamma were, so I was going to cook dinner."
"Of course kid. That's fine with us. You on your way home?"
"Yeah. I'm bringing Kaya with me. Auntie Barrett brought her to work and she just wanted to catch a ride home with me instead of waiting. I figured she could help me cook or take care of Rory so you and Mamma could take a nap."
"You're the best. Be careful, we love you."
"Love you too Mom."

"Betty is bringing Kaya home. She volunteered to look after Rory so we can take a nap." I told Stefania.
"I love our bambina. She's amazing."
"She really is. Now, you go start your nap. I got Rory until Betty gets here."