06, rumour has it

Start from the beginning

"This might sound weird but - are you a witch?"

Bonnie cocked her head to the side in confusion. "Yes," she dragged out, "why?"

"And your friend is one as well?" Aurora felt a sort of wave rise in her. Anxious, scared and nervous. On one hand - she had this sort of fantasy that she kept in her head about Kai not being as bad but then again she had to keep reminding himself that he's killed people before - his own family, someone like her wouldn't mean a thing to anyone like him.

"He's a vampire,

"Va- vampire, those are real," Aurora was starting to freak out. She knew that witches were real and even werewolves but somehow she thought that was enough for the supernatural world - wait until she finds out about Klaus and his cult of hybrids.

"What's going on?" Bonnie should've been celebrating the finding of someone else in this goddam prison world but, it wasn't all that she thought it'd be. Seeing the Stilinksi girl's panic slowly rise within her made her feel a little scared and after months with no one but Damon by her side - it wasn't the best feeling.

"This might sound a little weird - but I mean we are in a parallel universe hell world thing and-"

"Aurora," Bonnie snapped her out of her rambling.

"Right, but umm, so there's this other guy - his name is Kai, and I'm pretty sure he's a psycho murderer and he might've been the one stalking you guys all this time-" Aurora was cut off by a guttural scream coming from inside the shop.

"Kai!"
"Damon!"

The two witches looked to each other and ran inside to see Damon on the floor, his skin burning like acid, Kai standing above him like a god, laughing manically. Aurora gasped in shock, as Bonnie stood still, a burning anger growing inside of her. This wasn't the boy who'd laughed with her, made her food, helped her to ignore her stresses of home, the boy who was kind - this was the real Kai, a psycho, a maniac who'd thrive off of the pain of others for his own superficial gain.

"I didn't know which bottle you'd take, so I vervained them all," he exclaimed, a slight moment of hesitation he felt as he looked straight at Aurora's shocked eyes, but hey, it was every man for themselves in this world.

"Stay away from him," Bonnie said, her tone dangerous.

"The useless one is here. Thank God. I've watched you try to do magic for months now. What are you gonna do, fail at me?" The boy rolled his eyes. "It's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you." While the digs were at Bonnie - Aurora felt offended on her behalf, she was also a witch that wasn't exactly in her brightest age. Bonnie looked at Damon who looked back at her, helpless, seeing that another girl had stood by her side. She then turned her head to a candle on a side shelf and it's black wick now lit up.

Damon sighed heavily in relief while Bonnie slightly smirked in glee, and Kai's Cheshire grin dropped to one of a boy who was scared. Aurora looked at her in awe wishing that she could have that kind of ability, that control, that power- that magic back in her, but she didn't. "Run," was all the Bennett witch said, and Damon - with all the strength he could muster - was able to stand up, and sped out of the aisle, arms linked with Aurora Stilinski.

"Who the hell are you two?" Damon threatened the girl, pinning her against a wall, veins apparent under his blue eyes.

"Umm, he's a psycho and I'm a faulty witch - please, please, please don't kill me," she blurted out in fear, holding in a breath for dear life. Damon sighed as he turned his head, figuring he should probably go back to Bonnie. The tight grip he had on the girl's jumper loosened, and Aurora sighed loudly in relief.