You're Part of the Company (Side Story)

Author's Note: Thank you for taking the time to give my story a chance ^^ This chapter and all the cute scenes is was made with the help of my sister. I had asked her what the events should be and she offered some input on certain scenes and she came up with some pretty cute ones. So this chapter is dedicated to my little sister who helped me while making weird faces at me while we came up with ideas haha.

Disclaimer: I do not own The Hobbit! All rights belong to J.R.R. Tolkien and Peter Jackson. Anything you see that is from the book or the movie belongs to those two wonderful men that bought Middle Earth to life. Any grammar errors you see, I apologize because I tried my best to do what I can on my part but I do hope that this chapter is still easy enough to read. I will fix any errors I see once I get some sleep I promise. I hope you enjoy!

~Dwalin~

"A hammer is better! You can't deny that!" Dwalin growled out.

"I will deny it!" Balamaethor growled, glaring down at the tattooed dwarf. "Why would you use that hammer of yours? It's heavy and weighs you down when you lug it about! Now, a sword! Light and easy, strikes your enemy down and it doesn't weight you down, that's the way to go!"

"Nonsense!" Dwalin argued.

"At least we're not comparing it to a bow!" Beriohtarion mumbled.

"Can't we just all come to an understanding that we all have our weapons of choice and that all weapons are satisfactory?" Thenidiel smiled nervously, trying to calm the three arguing warriors.

"No." Balamaethor and Dwalin yelled, starting up another argument while Beriohtarion added his opinion every so often.

"Nana!" Balamaethor called out, pointing toward Dwalin. "You'll settle this argument, which is better? Sword or Hammer?"

"Do not drag me into your argument..." Bellethiel mumbled, pinching the bridge of her nose.

The day started off so peacefully in Lake-Town, with Bellethiel sitting across from Thorin reading a random book when her nephews and Dwalin began talking about wars they had fought, that soon escalated into an argument on which weapon is better.

"She agrees with us!" Balamaethor claimed.

"She had no opinion to add!" Dwalin glared. "She said she didn't want to be apart of this argument."

"To end this tiresome debate, I will say hammer..." Bellethiel mumbled.

Dwalin smiled proudly at the twins as the two boys groaned in frustration.

"You don't believe that Nana!" Beriohtarion called out, pointing accusingly at his mother.

"You asked for my opinion and I am giving it..." Bellethiel sighed, now flipping through the pages of her book, rereading the same sentence several times over due to the distraction coming from her children and Dwalin.

"Let's ask Thorin then." Balamaethor stated, glancing to the king.

"Hammer." Thorin answered quickly.

"But you use a sword!" Balamaethor emphasized, pulling at his hair. "This is unfair..."

"Three to two." Dwalin smiled smugly.

"Thenidiel! Dear sister...please!" Balamaethor pleaded.

"I don't want to have a say..." Thenidiel mumbled, shuffling nervously. "I dabble in healing."

"How about we go outside and settle this then?" Beriohtarion suggested, causing Balamaethor and Dwalin to instantly jump to their feet.

"Agreed." They both said, already headed toward the door with Beriohtarion dragging Thenidiel behind him.