A New Level of Understanding

Author's Note: Hello Lovely Hobbit/Thorin Fans! Thank you to those that have kept on reading, kept with me, and have read and commented. Love you all!

Disclaimer: I do not own, I repeat, DO NOT OWN The Hobbit! All rights belong to J.R.R Tolkien and Peter Jackson. So anything you notice that was from the movie or the book belongs to these lovely people who bought Middle Earth to life. And any grammar mistakes you notice I am so sorry, it is very hard to notice them with the kindle because everything is so small lol and once I find a good charger I will fix it right away. But I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it because, we are now in Goblin Town! Enjoy! (I do hope that this chapter didn't seem totally rushed...I'm a bit worried about that...)

We had fallen through a trap door, tumbling through the endless tunnels, and falling into a wooden cage was confusing to say the least. I had fallen on top the company before tumbling forward to land on my hands and knees. I looked toward our only exit to see a hoard of goblins rushing our way.

"Get up!" I called behind me, unsheathing a dagger from my waist ready to defend myself.

Most of the goblins ran right past me toward the company, while some began to claw at my body, forcing me to shift away from the company.

"Look out!"

"Unhand me!" I growled, reeling my fist back and smashing it against the face of a goblin that held my arm.

I struggled to look behind as I saw some of the company being shoved forward, some walking past me as I put up more of a struggle, slashing the throat of another goblin that had suddenly latched its claws into my arm.

"Do not touch me!" I yelled out, as a taller goblin took a hold of my head and forcefully pushed me forward.

Deeper and deeper they forced us into the tunnels, crossing riggity bridges as all of us kept on struggling to escape. Through the ordeal the goblins began searching us while pushing us forward, confiscating our weapons as we could do nothing but struggle. I was searched head to toe, my swords, daggers, bows and arrow taken as we were dragged away.

From up ahead I could see what looked to be a throne with a massive goblin sitting upon it.

An obnoxious horn was blown, metal gongs were smashed as an out of tune melody began to play. As we got closer, I could see a crown placed on the top of the giant goblin's head...as he coughed up a storm before speaking.

"I feel a song coming on!" The voice of the Goblin King echoed throughout the area.

The music grew louder and I had to cringe and the god awful sound the instruments were making.

Snip snap, the black crack

Grip, grab, pinch, and nab

Batter and beat

Milk 'em, stammer and squeak!

Pound pound, far underground

The Goblin King pushed off of his chair and began to dance in place, screeching the sound out to the beat of the music.

Down, down, down in Goblin Town

(Down, down, down in Goblin Town)

The voices of many sung in unison, repeating what their King had sung in their scratchy voice, screaming and laughing with joy as we got closer to the front.

With a swish and smack

And a whip and a crack

Everybody talks when they're on our rack