Chapter 3

Lisa was frozen when she and the stranger's eyes met. Lisa never admitted to herself that she could actually be attracted to the same sex but seeing this person in front of her just confirmed it. She never had any serious girl crush except for her best friend.

"Today is the worst." The girl groaned and Lisa snapped out of her trance and handed the napkin to her.

"I'm really sorry, miss. It's my fault." Lisa said, biting her lip embarrassingly. "Please, let me make this up to you."

The girl sighed as she closed her eyes while shaking her head.

"It's fine, you don't have to." The girl dismissively said and started walking to the door.

Good thing Lisa was thinking fast. She took off her jacket and walked fast enough to catch up with the stranger.

"Please, take this." Lisa blocked the girl's way and handed her jacket to her. "You know, to...cover the mess." She sheepishly chuckled.

The girl stared at Lisa for a short second before taking the jacket with a side-smile.

"Thank you." The girl said and took the jacket.

"I'm really sorry about that. Please let me treat you with anything you want." Lisa said, kind of sounding desperate.

"No, it's fine, really." The girl chuckled as she was waving her hand dismissively.

Lisa felt at ease seeing the girl smile.

"I'm Lisa." She extended her hand for a handshake.

"Yoo Jimin." The girl took Lisa's hand and shook it.

"I know another cafe around here, I was wondering if you would want to drink somewhere else since...it's kind of awkward being here after what happened." Lisa sheepishly said, scratching the back of her head embarrassingly.

"Yeah, sure." Jimin smiled.

"Great, after you." Lisa opened the door for Jimin and she walked behind her. "I don't think I've seen you around before." Lisa started as they started walking.

"Well, that's because I'm new here." Jimin smiled.

"Right, of course." Lisa nodded and there was a short silence before she broke the ice again. "I'm really sorry about earlier. I was busy with my phone, I didn't notice anyone was around me."

"If I hear another apology from you, I might as well charge you for every sorry you say." Jimin joked.

"I'm sorr—" Lisa stopped in the middle of her sentence when she realized what she had just said and Jimin laughed. "Damn it."

"I was just kidding." Jimin chuckled.

"But really, I'm sorry." Lisa lightheartedly chuckled and secretly glanced at Jimin.

"It's fine, you're kind enough to lend me your jacket." Jimin smiled and glanced and Lisa, catching the latter staring at her but Lisa immediately looked away.

"I just think it's the right thing to do." Lisa glanced at Jimin and smiled at her. "Oh, we're already here." Lisa pointed at the cafe and they both went inside.

After ordering, they found a table for them.

"So, are you studying? Working?" Jimin asked.

"Studying. I'm in my last year of college. What about you?" Lisa asked back.

"I'm a sophomore." Jimin smiled. "I guess I should be paying my respect to my senior at school then." She joked.

"Oh, no. I'm not that kind of person. I like things that are casual." Lisa lightheartedly chuckled. "What school are you in anyway?"