Moths and Caught In A Lie

Riding in the forest were the guards and Soren, he was looking down at the box as he told his comrades.

"Let's see if this magic moon moth can find more than the closet full of moon sweaters." Soren let out a chuckle at his own joke as he looked over to a guard as he said. "You know, 'cause moths eat clothes?"

"Yes sir." The guard let out a sigh at the captain's puns.

Soren took in a deep breath before letting it out as he opened the box, he reached his hand inside and took out a giant moth. He stared down at the creature with curiosity, he lifted his hand up and the creature fluttered it's wings before flying around his head. Soren watched it a couple of times before it started flying in a different direction other than him, he narrowed his eyes as he whipped the reins of his horse as he ordered his comrades.

"Let's go."

They then began following in the moth's direction.

~Moonshadow Elves Camp~

They were all preparing for the battle that lay ahead of them, Runaan sat on the log dipping his arrows in poison. Rayla sat beside the older elf and was sharpening her sword nervously, suddenly Runaan ears twitched when he heard the flutter of wings. He looked up and saw a familiar moth flying towards them, before landing on one of his arrows. He stared down at the mouth in thought before widening his eyes as he stood up and exclaimed to his comrades.

"They know we're here!"

They heard horses whining in the distance, Runaan grabbed his necklace and crushed it in his hand before whispering as he spread the dust in the air.

"Mystica-Arbora!"

Soren leading his men and woman towards where the moth was, paused as he came upon a clearing he looked around the area seeing nothing. Soren jumped off of his horse and walked forwards towards the clearing, he ducked under a tree branch before he stopped and saw absolutely nothing. The moth moved over towards Soren's head as he looked up at the creature as he let out a scoff.

"Nothing!" He told the troop, he held out his hand and the moth landed on it as he said. "Surprising no one, a magic moth is just as worthless as a regular moth."

He thrusted his hand in the air and the moth flew away towards a tree, it landed on it and Soren told everyone.

"We'll have to wait for the elves to come to us."

He turned around and got on his horse as they all turned away from the clearing and began riding back to the castle. The guard that Rayla had saved stopped and narrowed his eyes at the clearing, knowing something didn't add up. He sighed as he knew he couldn't stay and clicked his tongue and nudged the horse to follow after Soren and the others.

Rayla and the other elves appeared after the humans had left, Rayla's eyes were wide with worry and disbelief as she realized she had just been caught in a lie.

"You lied to me." Runaan growled out as he glared at the younger elf in front of him. "You let him go."

Rayla turned to look at her comrades, who were all now glaring at her. She looked at the ground as she said 

"Runaan, I'm sorry. The human, he looked up at me and I saw the fear in his eyes." 

Runaan stared at the girl in anger and betrayal as he said.

"Of course he was afraid. But you had a job to do!"

"He didn't do anything to me. How could I take his life?" Rayla questioned her leader in fear and confusion.

"You let him live…" Runaan said as he gestured to them. "But you've killed us all."

Rayla stared at her peers in fear, never thinking about what war actually meant until right now.