Ch. 11 A Promise to the Dead

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

New Message from Wolf-Boy

Wolf-boy
I think I messed up

Scotty, u mess up a lot
Can u be more specific

Wolf-boy
W Ayla

Oh god
What did u do?

Wolf-boy
Umm...

Scotty???

Wolf-boy
I may have told her i loved her a few days ago and she maybe has barely said a word to me since

Oh no

Wolf-boy
What?

How have u not noticed that ur gf has commitment issues?
Like Hales and commitment just don't match

Wolf-boy
I thought we were over her running after we got back together

Running is kind of Ayla's thing

Wolf-boy
Then what exactly am I supposed to do?

Idk what to tell ya, Fred

Wolf-boy
Do I want to ask about the new nickname?

Oh I've decided ur Fred now

Wolf-boy
Ok
Back to what to do

U kinda just gotta wait her out

Wolf-boy
That took 4 months last time

Yeah good luck

|

Ayla made her way out of her bedroom, and towards the door of the loft. Both Derek and Braeden were both already up, with guns in their hands. The three all glanced at each other. Braeden nodded towards the loft door. She could see the shadow of someone moving on the other side. All of them walked over to it. Derek yanked the door open, and both him and Braeden pointed their guns at the person on the other side.

All three of them frowned as they saw who it was. "Lyds?" Ayla asked.

But the banshee didn't say anything. She just lifted her head, and screamed.

|

Ayla knew that it would be impossible to avoid Scott for long. She just hadn't expected him to randomly show up at the loft with no warning. She sat on the couch next to her uncle, looking at the bag of money on the table in front of them. Derek pushed the bag towards Scott. "Okay," he said, having just been informed that the alpha had been in possession of the money for weeks.

"Don't you want to know why it took so long to return it?" Scott wondered.

"How much do you make at the animal clinic?" Derek asked him.

"Minimum wage," Scott replied.

Derek shrugged. "That's why. Everyone can be tempted, Scott. Even a true alpha," he told him.

"You're not angry?" Scott asked.

"It's not even mine. It belongs to Peter," Derek told him.