HOLD. 010

Riki and Sunoo were both walking on the empty street of somewhere in Seoul, the stars were protruding in the night sky as if it were sprinkles of white paint on a black canvas.

"Let's wait here," Sunoo spoke and sat down on a bench, next to a bus stop. Riki followed what he said and the two sat on either side of the bench, a growing distance engulfing them.

For some reason, they started to get awkward. Was it because Riki finally realized that his Sunoo hyung was starting to become his crush? Or was it because Sunoo seemed to be too lost in his thoughts?

"Hmm.. earth to Sunoo," Riki muttered to break the awkward silence. He let out a chuckle, "is there a problem? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Sunoo spared him a glance and once again heaved a sigh. He looked at his lap, "nothing's wrong."

"Ahh," Riki's smile faltered and pursed his lips into a thin line. "Sorry, I just can't deal with the awkwardness. Are you sick of seeing my annoying face all the time?" He playfully said. Sunoo didn't have to steal a glimpse at the younger to know that he was only kidding. Riki isn't Riki without his casual joking remarks.

Because of what he said, the corners of Sunoo's lips finally tugged upwards as he cheekily smiled— which caused Riki to grin. "Nooo," Sunoo moved closer to Riki and nudged his arm, "it's not that. Don't worry."

"Then, what's bothering you?" Riki asked him. He tilted his head as he stared at Sunoo's side figure. "Only if you feel comfortable, of course. Actually, you don't have to say it to me."

Sunoo nodded. He knew that the younger was serious and once again, silence enveloped them. Sunoo was left in his thoughts.

Sunghoon.

And Riki. His emotions felt jumbled. Everything was happening too fast— well, that's what he thinks. It has only been three months since they've broken up, but Sunghoon's name still crossed his mind at least once every single day.

'I wonder if he has moved on already.'

'Countless of what-ifs.'

'Do I still love him?'

Riki, however, has also occupied Sunoo's thoughts. Usually at the questions; where would I go with Riki next time? Has he eaten? I wonder if he's been doing well with his school.

He was utterly torn with his feelings.

But what he knew for sure that Riki had been nothing but doing positively on him. After a while of silence, Riki gently slid an arm over Sunoo's shoulder and made the older lean on his shoulder without saying anything. Sunoo felt Riki's hand caress his shoulder as if he was something fragile, and the younger muttered, "rest up, hyung. You look tired."

Sunoo nodded and nestled his head against Riki's shoulder and closed his eyes. "Can I uh, hold you?" Riki asked him, "I don't want to hold your waist without your consent."

Once again, Sunoo just nodded his head, a small smile twitching on his face. He felt Riki slightly loosen his side hug and his arm that was over Sunoo's shoulder lowered to wrap around Sunoo's torso.

There it was again.

Sunoo somehow felt so safe around Riki. That whenever the younger scoop him up in a hug or the like, his heart would feel warm. Only Riki was able to make him feel... calm and peaceful, as if all his worries were at the seashore and Riki's presence were the waves that washed it all away. As Sunoo smiled slightly at the feeling of Riki's arm protecting him, he slowly drifted off to sleep as if the younger was singing a quiet lullaby.