ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41: ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ

Author's Notes: I'm so sorry for my lack of updates! I've been dealing with a lot of medical challenges, school, and I'm in the process of moving. Thank you for staying with this story!

Thank you for all the votes and reads! I love you all!

And always, let me know what you think of the chapter and if you have any questions.

I have some more notes at the end of the chapter for story clarification. Enjoy!

"How do you find truth in two twisted tales?"

Moira discovers the truth behind a long-lasting feud between the Jedi and a race of Elves.

Word Count Warning: 9.8k

______________________________________________________________

"Ugh!" I huffed in frustration as my stance faltered. I was in the middle of a one on one lightsaber sparring match with Ahsoka. The battle had been pretty even on both sides, until she managed to trip up my defenses. The loud cheers in the back weren't making it any easier.

"Get her Commander, now's your chance!" Hardcase shouted over the cheers of his comrades.

When Ahsoka asked to spar with me earlier, I was excited, to say the least... until I found out that we would be sparring in front of an audience. Members from both the 501st and the 104th had piled in to see our match.

"Come on kid!" Sinker cheered from the sidelines.

'Let her come to you.'

I readjusted my stance but didn't move from my position. Ahsoka looked at me, surprised by my change in style, but charged towards me.  I closed my eyes, before turning off both of my lightsabers.

'Listen for the hum.'

I imagined Ahsoka's figure in my mind, charging forward in hopes to seize her victory. Driven by a sense of determination that was almost terrifying. Nothing would stop her path. But that was her weakness. Her movements became predictable if she was sure that victory was within her grasp.

I waited. I could feel her heart rate increasing as she came closer. It was silent as if all the air in the room had been sucked up. Then came the buzz. The buzz that always came before a lightsaber made its strike. I smiled to myself.

'Now!'

I activated my lightsabers, catching Ahsoka by surprise as our blades locked. I used my position to rotate my blades in small circles until I managed to disarm her. Ahsoka let out a squeal of surprise as I gently Force pushed her off the mat before leaping into the air to bring both of my lightsabers to her face in a crossed position.

"Checkmate, Tano." I teased, opening my eyes to see the bewildered look in her expression. The room filled with cheers, while other parts of it let out groans of annoyance. Many of them had set bets before the match started, and now it was time to pay up.

"That was great Emily. Where did you learn to do a move like that?" Ahsoka asked as I deactivated my lightsabers to pull her to her feet.

"I'm not sure, I just... did it." I admitted.

"It was still awesome! I don't think I've seen another Jedi use a move like that before, much less with their eyes closed!"

"That's Commander Cold Stone for yah!" Boost said boastfully, slapping his hand against my back.