ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8: ᴄʜᴏꜱᴇɴ?

"When you force someone to take something, it is not a gift. It's a demand."

Moira receives something she never wanted.

______________________________________________________________

Silence.

Drifting.

Floating.

I knew nothing but peace. The darkness surrounding my every limb in a warm blanket. It was a nice change from the constant firing of blasters, or the clanking of battle droids.

There was no conflict, and no worries. Just peace. Quiet, simple peace.

But all peaceful times must reach an end.

I started to hear static buzzing in my head, followed by a loud ringing. The sounds slowly morphed into a steady beating sound. I tried to open my eyes, but found I was too weak. I began to get some feeling back in my body. I felt exhausted, like I had been hit by a transport and thrown to the ground. Then the panic set in!

I couldn't open my eyes. When I tried to recall what had happened the day before, my mind drew a blank. My heart rate increased, the steady beeping sounds rapidly rising until an alarm sounded. My adrenaline kicked in and with that, a new found strength. I heard rapid footsteps coming towards me and what sounded like shouting. I pushed myself up, gasping for air, until I felt two rough, calloused hands grab my shoulders. I immediately shoved them off, trying to fight whoever was keeping me in place.

"Padawan! Padawan, calm down!" the source of the hands said. I ignored it and just kept fighting until I managed to get their hands off of me. Just as I was about to hop off of whatever surface I was on, the person yelled again.

"Moira! It's me, Obi-Wan. Everything is okay! Calm down!" I froze at his words, finally managing to open my eyes, finding Obi-Wan's face.

I let out a sigh of relief, before taking in my surroundings. There were machines all around me. I had an IV and a heart monitor attached to me. The smell of vinegar filled my nostrils. I was in the med-bay. I turned to face Obi-Wan again, giving him a relieved smile, as I sank back into the pillows that kept me propped up.

He smiled with relief, before taking a seat in the chair that was to the left of my bed.

"You gave us quite the scare, Padawan." He said gently.

I looked at him puzzled. Realization dawned on me. "Wait, how did I get here? What happened?" I asked, my speech slightly slurred.

"It would appear that when you were pulled by the Crystal, it drained a bit too much of your energy and you passed out." Obi-Wan explained calmly.

"What Crystal?" I asked, my memory still fuzzy.

"The one around your neck."

I looked down at my chest, and sure enough there was a Crystal necklace around my neck. How did that even get there? I looked at Obi-Wan. Shock painting my features.

"Why is there a Crystal around my neck? What the hell happened?" I asked, holding my head, a slight headache beginning to form.

Obi-Wan smiled at me softly. "I think we should get the rest of the Council here to explain what is going on. Give me one moment." Obi-Wan said, stepping out of the Med-Cube and pulling out his comm link. Leaving me to try and piece together the events of the last few days.