Chapter 3

"Wake up," Lauren said, shaking the brunette in the shot gun seat.

"Hmm?" A sleepy Camila replied. Lauren had to admit that this sleepy Camila was adorable, maybe because she wasn't talking shit for once.

"We're gonna have to stay at this motel for the night, I'm too tired to drive anymore and I don't trust you driving my car. I already checked us in so all we have to do is go to the room," Lauren informed a sleepy Camila. She almost gave up on waking Camila up because she looked like someone Lauren could actually kill but with that adorable sleeping face, Lauren just couldn't. Plus, she really wanted a friend for a change.

"I thought you said you were a millionaire, why are we staying at a motel and why only in one room?" That was the first thing that came out of Camila's mouth once she was awake.

"Well we're in the middle of nowhere and this was the closest place I could find and we should stay low unless you wanna be easily caught. This motel is too cheap to have any security cameras. I'm also saving the money," Lauren declared. Camila got up against her will then got out of the car. She quickly stretched out then walked ahead of Lauren as Lauren got her bags out of the trunk then followed Camila's lead from the parking lot. Camila had nothing, she never did.

"Don't you have anything with you? Like a bag or something?" Lauren asked quizzically.

"Nope," Camila replied simply. Lauren opened the door to the cheap motel room and Camila sat on the bed closest to the window. As Camila began to take her knives and guns from her clothing she added, "Just some guns and knives. That's all I ever really need."

"So, uh, do you need anything?" Lauren awkwardly asked, not sure if she wanted to share anything with, let alone sleep in the same room as, the killer in the bed next to her's.

"Nope," Camila answered then proceeded to take off her shoes, shirt, and shorts then quickly got under the covers. Lauren didn't say a word, she was in complete awe. Half of her awe was due to shock and the other half was due to examining Camila's perfect body. If she doesn't kill me through a fight then she'll kill me by her looks, Lauren thought to herself.

As Camila lay in the bed closest to the window, she stared up at the stars. Lauren decided not to bother her so she just changed then got into her own bed. She was extremely tired, she had been driving cars all day as well as constantly worry about getting killed by the pretty stranger.

"Can you sing me a song?" Camila suddenly asked. Lauren was confused and thought to herself, did the killer just ask me to sing a lullaby? If I could sing a death note then I would and I would wish for it to lure her to death.

"Do I look like your mother?" Lauren replied harshly.

"No, she was blonde-" Camila began to state, not understanding the sarcasm.

"That's not what I mean. Why should I sing to you?" Lauren shot back.

"Because I need to hear something comforting. I'm scared," Camila answered truthfully.

"You? Scared? I'm the one who should be scared. You could kill me in a second and you're the one who's scared," Lauren laughed.

"Fine, forget I asked," Camila said sadly, got one of her guns and tucked it under her arm, then turned away from Lauren and went to sleep. Lauren shrugged then put earbuds in and listened to Lana Del Rey before she finally doze off.

What the fuck have I gotten into? Lauren thought to herself before closing her eyes and letting sleep overcome her.

"Get up," Lauren demanded. It was like déjàvu from the night before except it was now the following morning. Lauren had gotten up an hour before Camila and had already managed to get dressed, put her bag in her car, and get them both breakfast. Camila moaned then tiredly opened her eyes.

"I got us some bagels for breakfast," Lauren informed the sleepy Camila.

"Mmhmm," was all Camila replied with before taking a bite of the bagel.

"Where exactly do you want me to take you?" Lauren asked.

"Away," Camila answered.

"Well that's what I'm doing."

"Then try harder."

"But it's only been a day and I still barely know you."

"Let's hope we get to know each other before we kill each other. I could use a friend," Camila said as she finished eating her bagel.

"You're Cuban," Lauren stated flat out.

"How'd you know?" Camila asked.

"I am too and I just can tell you are," Lauren shrugged.

"Is that why you're still helping me out?" Camila wondered aloud.

"No. I just know that if I refused to help you you would kill me plus you're kinda interesting so I'll hang around," Lauren said. She watched Camila get out of bed and put on the clothes she wore the night before. She couldn't help stare at her, Camila's body was perfectly sculpted and her hair hung loosely on her shoulders. Oh, the things I would do to you if you were nicer, Lauren thought to herself. Camila was aware that Lauren was staring at her but she was also aware that Lauren hated her.

"You go to the car, I'll meet you there. I have to go bring the key back to the check in place," Lauren said then ran off to the tiny room in the front of the motel. Camila took Lauren's keys then went to the pitch black car and sat down in the shotgun seat. Camila has always been a curious girl so she somehow found herself looking around Lauren's car for anything entertaining. When she found her favorite book, "To Kill A Mockingbird", wedged between her seat and the console, she was more than happy. As she started reading, Lauren came in and was shocked.

"Why are you reading that?" Lauren asked.

"It's my favorite book and I have nothing else to do besides read," Camila replied without looking up from reading the book, Lauren shrugged.

"So I have an idea. I have a small house about two hours away, it's tucked away in the woods so we can stay there for a few days. We'll see how we do, we'll probably end up killing each other first but it's worth a chance," Lauren said then began driving.

"I guess it's worth it," Camila said, still not looking up from reading. This is going to be one hell of an adventure.